Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • whats the dropper of choice at moment (non stealth routing)
  • lakesrider
    Free Member

finally going to get a dropper post, is the Reverb still the one to choose?

I’ve not got internal routing on my frame and saw the Magura Veyron cable free thing which looked good but a bit more expensive.

Are there any other cable free type ones like the magura?

Ans spurred on by the dropper post maths topic i meausured my bike…

seatpost 30.9, 365 long, 210 out of the bike from frame to saddle rails.

SO if i went for a reverb, would i get a 380mm with 125 drop?

momo

I’ve had a Reverb fail 5 times now, replaced under warranty each time.

i’ve just bought another dropper for my hardtail, I had a good look at all the posts out there and settled on another Reverb (old model on sale from merlin cycles) I am under no illusion that it won’t fail, but the warranty service is good enough that I’m not too worried about it when it does fail.

gelert
    Free Member

I have 3 Reverbs all 30.9 and 125mm drop external routing. Two are in service. The other is still sealed in it’s box after the second one to be warrantied out was returned. I keep getting back a different post though. My Left hand Remote was replaced with a Right hand remote and my shortest Reverb was replaced with the longest shaft one. The in service ones have started sagging already too 🙁 That’s how reliable they are…

I’d buy the Fox Transfer if I was starting over now – it looks like it might be more reliable (we can hope!). The external routing is also in a fixed position so you don’t end up with a loop of hose that you have to “train” to stay out of the way while riding and it comes in 150mm drop too which would be nice.

None of my Reverbs have failed while out riding though and the customer service is fantastic.

chestrockwell

Thomson droppers are ace from my experience.

cooie

KS Levs are ace too.

philjunior
    Free Member

My 100mm drop Reverb is ace (but also only one ride old). I went through the same thought process, but at the end of the day most posts that have been on the market for a while seem to have their share of warranty issues, and when the Reverb works it works well.

If anyone can find one out there that’s common and hasn’t got a tonne of warranty issues, I’d be quite surprised.

Someone will be along shortly saying they have the first Reverb off the production line that has been on a 100 mile/15,000ft epic every day since and is still running fine, and someone else will say that they have had 5 that broke from just looking at them.

honourablegeorge

chestrockwell – Member
    Thomson droppers are ace from my experience.

Seem to be an awful lot of folks on here who have issues with the Thomson – and I’d say a lot fewer Thomsons are sold than Reverbs

martinhutch

Yep, my second Thomson will be going back at the end of the summer. Drops a tiny amount on its own during seated climbing. Thought it was user installation error (too short cable pulling minutely on the release when I turned the bars), but a longer cable hasn’t sorted it and it happens even when I’m going in a straight line.

First one had this fault, started creaking then refused to return fully at all.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘whats the dropper of choice at moment (non stealth routing)’ is closed to new replies.