Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • What's the downhill at the Lecht like?
  • grumm
    Free Member

Anyone got any pics/video?

Thinking of trip up that way in summer.

jemima
    Free Member

Pretty mediocre in my opinion. Not technical. Need to pedal lots for a downhill and pedal hard to go fast enough to make it fun…

grumm
    Free Member

OK ta – is it not easy to get enough speed for the jumps then?

GW
    Free Member

I take it it's the chairlift that's enticing you?
    Go to Fort William if you can, was there yesterday, I never liked the track before but it's pretty fun now with all the massively better new sections.
    or glencoe if you like a challenging track.
    or inners for some DH mincing! 😉

grumm
    Free Member

Yeah GW it is – I'm still not that well with PVFS so chairlift uplift and DH mincing is a tempting idea. 🙂

Was thinking of heading up to the Cairngorms anyway but I might just stop off in Fort William first if The Lecht is not up to much.

jemima
    Free Member

Oh – if you want an easy day out don't go to Fort William! I can ride all day at trail centres but a few runs down the WC course and I'm destroyed!

Regarding Lecht – you don't need a massive amount of speed for the jumps but I just found the whole track a bit slow and boring unless I was pedalling hard all the way. It reminded me of a slightly downhill BMX track… To be fair there are a few nice sections which were fun…

GW
    Free Member

if you are not well, Ft william will kill you!

grumm
    Free Member

Yeah I know FW is tough – was thinking of just having a couple of runs and mostly sticking to the red.

Northwind

I've not ridden the lecht course but I had a look when I was passing, and tbh it looks s**t. Doesn't even look well built never mind well thought out, very crude trailbuilding and finishing, and I didn't see much of interest to ride, though of course it could have suddenly got brilliant just past where I checked out! Very halfhearted effort IMO, they don't seem at all committed to it, hardly any info or advertising as well.

Nevis is good though, sounds like the red could be just your thing if you're not feeling up to a day on the DH. Just don't do it on a full DH bike, it seems to take the fun out of most of it.

the_lecht_rocks

crap – dinnae bother.

grumm
    Free Member

Ta Northwind

TLR – your username suggests otherwise? Or does it refer to winter?

balfa
    Free Member

To give them some credit its still a work in progress. They have/had plans to add rock sections and other tracks. Hopefully it will come of age soon.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘What's the downhill at the Lecht like?’ is closed to new replies.