Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • whats the difference between orange five and patriot
  • astura
    Free Member

Other than the coil what’s the difference, these bikes seem pretty similar both of the ones I am looking at are 2005/2006 models?

jonk

Depends which patriot your talking about there are a few different ones. As an example my 2005 five and 2003 patriot. The patriot is around a pound heavier with a majority of the weight being in the bigger and thicker walled swing arm.

astura
    Free Member

I was under the orange five would be all mountain and the patriot downhill, is this correct?

I suppose my ask is can you use both for little xc use or is the one better than the other?

singlespeedstu

5’s hang of the back of Audi’s

Patriots hang of chairlifts.

astura
    Free Member

Understood 🙂

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

My mate managed to haul a Patriot 7+ around the Alps, awesome for that (he even managed the Col Du Cou on it) He loved it but it was heavy.
    He loves his new 5 a lot, lot more.

Steve on 7+

Steve on 5

IIR the Patriot was about 37lbs, his 5 is about 29.

He doesn’t drive an Audi & we don’t do trail centres.

astura
    Free Member

Fantastic pictures, il try for a five. Iv put an ad out in the wanted classifieds so we will see what happens

mildred

Heavier, slacker more travel. If you get a Patriot 66 you can move the shock mount to adjust the head angle, and/or fit different length shocks. Fantastic bikes.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

I bought my mate’s patriot 66 off him to part out, it’s way too small for me, and the forks are way too short (140mm) but I’d love to see what it rides like with a 200 x 57 air shock on it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘whats the difference between orange five and patriot’ is closed to new replies.