Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • What's the difference between cycling jerseys and non-cycling base layers?
  • chiefgrooveguru

There’s a couple of reasons behind my question:

1. It just dawned on me that I might be better off in a couple of base layers than in a base layer and windproof, as when going fast and thus getting hot the lack of windproof will keep me cooler whilst when stopped (in the woods at least) the air will be still and the extra warmth may be nice.

2. I have an orange camelbak (it was half price). I have an orange windproof (it was half price). I have just bought an orange bike (I think it looks really cool!) Tangoman I do not want to be, thus the windproof needs to be relegated to truly foul weather use only.

So should I get some of those proper mountain bikey tops? Or just layer up my motley collection of smelly hellies because there’s no difference (bar those pockets I don’t want)?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Cut. Longer arms, shorter front and longer back on a bike one.

aP
    Free Member

They’re different things. Unless you ride DH obviously when your jersey will be much shinier.

chiefgrooveguru

Ooh shiny! Any other differences other than the cut? Will the differences make me more faster?

smiffy

I have a Nike running top and it’s my favourite bike top at the moment, nice long arms.

There’s not a lot in it, really.

hilldodger
    Free Member

Karrimor cycling & running tops from ‘sports direct’ for about a tenner 🙂

stevious

For a bikey top I like to have a front zip. Some non-bikey base layers have this.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘What's the difference between cycling jerseys and non-cycling base layers?’ is closed to new replies.