• This topic has 119 replies, 88 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 120 total)
  • Whats the coolest thing you have ever done???
  • wwaswas

[cheesey]

Held my son whilst he opened his eyes to the world for the first time.

[/cheesey]

like sfb, cool isn't something that really happens to me.

geminafantasy
    Free Member

therealhoops – ill see that Gimpy and raise you a .357 magnum, dirty harry style in Krabi, and yes, I gave it the obligatory 'do u feel lucky punk?', before shooting a defenceless cardboard but out in the face and nearly breaking my arms at the same time 8). guns aside, I enjoyed doing a 14 metre cliff jump and hitting my bollocks so hard upon impact I almost drowned…

molgrips
    Free Member

I fired a Magnum .45, it was NOT cool. Like being welded inside a big steel tank and having someone hit the outside with a sledgehammer. Whilst stamping on your hands.

yossarian
    Free Member

Saw a tramp (old boy) sat in Sainsbury's car park in the rain. Took him inside, much to the dismay of the sneering staff and customers, sat him down and bought him a full English breakfast, a paper and a pot of tea. Left him with it – Gave me a 'High Five' as I was leaving

so far agentorange wins I reckon

Bunnyhop

+1 yossarian, agentorange for P.M.

I met the man of my dreams in California.

Said man took me skiing in Alta (SLC, Utah) during a blizzard whiteout, deep powder up to my knees and hardly another sole on the hill, it was so thrilling, felt like Heaven.

tracknicko
    Free Member

that tramp breakfast is the coolest thing down here.

much better than all the willy waving slut humping claims.

DaRC_L

I don't do cool either – although I reckon livin' it small (as opposed to the late 80's and 90's when I lived it large) is ok

I was told I was sooo cool to the 4 years younger than me girl down the road 'cos at 13 I rode my bike everywhere (from what she saw) no-handed.
    She told me that when she was 19, blonde, drunk and gorgeous.

I didn't bang her back doors in… I'm just tooo nice 😳

grunty
    Free Member

– Pushed things out the back of a Hercules Transporter over Salisbury plain.
    – Puked out the back of said Hercules oer Chippenham with the ramp down.
    – Auto-rotated in a Gazelle helicopter and made emergency landing at Northholt (Code Brown).
    – Crashed a £30M Hercules simulator into the old Hong Kong airport.
    – Trekked across Salisbury plain over night whilst evading 'Enemy Forces'
    – Played soldier in the MOD village (forggoten name of it) on Salisbury plane.
    – Got my gliders licence
    – Watched a refuel of some torandos from the back of a VC-10 tanker
    – Been in a Hercules when performing a "Khe Sanh Approach" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icRk7B749v8 watch from 2:30 onwards.

This was all done between the ages of 12.5 yrs and 18yrs of age.

The Air Training Corps, what a fantastic way to spend some spare childhood time!

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Jimmy,

it's Regular Route on Fairview Dome, Tuolumne Meadows, California.

joolsburger
    Free Member

The tramp thing wins.

Although I think the correct term is domicilally challenged.

10pmix, I'm not the guy with the hands! I'm in the middle, my mum went mental.

Coyote
    Free Member

Agentorange wins hands down. That *is* cool.

emac65
    Free Member

Saved a young lad from drowning when I was 8…….

nicko74

Coolest thing I've ever done? er… Does waving my willy on a mtb'ing forum count? No?

Then not much, and frankly I coulda done without reading this as I now feel quite inferior. 🙁

[edit] OK, I had to think of something. Went to an illegal gun factory in Pakistan; travelled overland from Ashgabat to Mumbai via Darvaza (flaming pit in the middle of the desert), Khiva, Dushanbe, Pakistan, Kashmir, Ladakh; did a solo skydive; scuba'd in the blue hole; swam with a manta ray in Fiji.

Phew, that feels better 🙂

gizzardman
    Free Member

nailed Kelly Brook…

jahwomble
    Free Member

Played with Steve Earle, Link Wray ,Boz Scaggs, Emmy lou Harris and Mutt Lange. But not all at the same time.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I spent some time in the south of France as an outdoor instructor. I was there to teach inner city kids, around 8 years old, from the less desirable parts of Toulouse. They lived in really bad circumstances. They had a hard time of it. The French government offered something called Classes Vertes. The kids come for a week out in the hills to learn what the countryside was all about. We'd walk them through the woods to a rock face, a quiet, beautiful walk through a warm, scented wood through a valley.

My job on a "climbing day" was to be the man on the rock face, as the kids learnt to climb, I'd just freeclimb between the three ropes we had set up for the kids to climb. Only about a 30ft face, but not far off vertical. The kids climbed, they got scared. When they got scared, I had to climb across to them and reassure them that "tu peut le faire…alllez!" and get them over their fear.

When they did, they reached the top. Hidden behind that rock face, was the most astonishing view. Waterfalls, eagles overheard, mountains, rivers. Pretty much the perfect ideal of a view.

When the kids reached the top, they didn't notice it for a while. They were just really happy that they'd conquered their fears, and they'd thank me and the other instructors. Then they would notice……

That look on their faces. THAT was the coolest thing I have ever done. Given them that look on their faces. I will never forget that. I hope they never forget as well.

backhander
    Free Member

Whoa there's some cool shit done here. Here's my 2 penneth worth.
    I'll never forget earning my green beret.
    I've abseiled form a heilcopter with a chainsaw strapped to my back.
    I've fastroped from helicopters
    Seen seahorses scuba diving
    Fired most mainstream service rifles and pistols
    Thrown grenades
    Blown up a russian T55 tank (the body travelled 400m!, a wheel over 1Km)
    abseiled from tower blocks
    Felt a nice glow protecting populations from aggressors.
    I reckon having a brat will top all of the above though.

geminafantasy
    Free Member

backhander – I wasn't aware seahorses scuba dived? 😉

Smudger666

@chapaking

no tongues but it was mostly on the lips – she had that startled look about her that told me she wasnt really enjoying the fact that a fan had recognised her as she came out of a cinema in Edinburgh of all places, and then was asked for her autograph and then a snog – i didnt really do continental styleee air kissing although she tried to 🙂

[and i'll see the single shot GPMG (not sure thats a raise against an AK47)and raise you a modded SLR on full Auto (its amazing what you can do with a matchstick and some tin foil! oooh almost forgot, fired a Charlie G after winning a lottery as we were only allocated 1/2 a round per year and we would hold a draw every 2 years to see who got to train on it for real]

BillyBull
    Free Member

I played and sang Knocking on Heavens Door with the irlfriend anddrummer from Roxy Music and guitarist from the Christians last month.

Got airlifted off the Cheviots after police had spent all night looking for me thinking I had murdered my girlfriend and gone there to committ suicide. Long story. But she was with me and alive wild camping overnight.

WEJ

Went on a couple of Himalayan expeditions in the 1990's(as a photographer/cameraman). The whole experience was pretty cool, but the highlight for me was walking alone along the Western Cwm, as the sun was setting. Spending two or three hours alone on a glacier with Nuptse on my right, Lohtse straight ahead and Everest on my left was one of the best experiences of my life.

aracer
    Free Member

Is shooting guns actually cool?

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

I feel a bit inferior, not having any bad-ass military anecdotes.

Not original but becoming a dad last year definitely tops everything.

Apart from that, have surfed the Severn Bore on a number of occasions. Most memorable one involved a 15 minute ride before shooting under Over Bridge (with loads of spectators) before finally kicking out just before the bore finally hits the weir at Maisemore.

TheSwede
    Free Member

18 year old secretary. 😉

backhander
    Free Member

😀

Is shooting guns actually cool?

Fair question. Its feels cool at the time, much like using a heavy breaker or a chainsaw. Noise, smoke etc (anything which makes noise and smoke is cool, the more the cooler generally!).
    Shooting guns feels cool, shooting guns at people far less so.
    Swede, I'll swap a go on a GPMG for a go on the 18 yr old? 😀
    Oh and the AK47 is more satisfying than a bastardised SLR. Did you know we sold many old SLRs to the sierra leone army?
    The minigun from a lynx kicks ass (sat mext to one) and the minimi is remarkable for the portability.

TheSwede
    Free Member

Hhhmm squeeze off a few from a jimpy or squeeze one in to the dolly bird in reception. Unfortunately she was sacked for distracting me from my work 😀

white101

If firing big guns(-ish) is cool, I was onboard a sub that launched a couple of trident missiles a few years back.

TheSwede
    Free Member

I once fired a flare down the high street at night and put a thunder flash in a bin. What a toe rag but it was cool at the age of 18. By no means cooler than hanging out of the back off…… see above.

backhander
    Free Member

white101, exactly who did you fire the nuclear weapon at?
    Swede, thundies ARE cool. Disappointed that it didn't go into a postbox 😈

postierich
    Free Member

Keeping on the military theme
    Shouting "Contact wait out" not knowing I had been shot!

First one off the big bungy in Queenstown nobody had the balls to go first.

First person down the slide in our Park on my Grifter aged 10

Creating this person

Ambrose

Mrs Ambrose and I made our sons. The outcome was astonishing, how can a big burly bloke like me be reduced to mush by these little creatures? Amazing…. truely awesome.

And then I had to save my eldest son's life in Swansea city centre. I called for help. Nobody came. He was two, almost never made it to three.

He is 18 next month. He took me for a drive yesterday. 🙂

edhornby

swimming with dolphins in the wild, red sea

slimtubing
    Free Member

easily these two.

DezB
    Free Member

Never had the desire to fire a gun – really don't see what's "cool" about weapons.

I guess snowboarding in powder is my coolest.

ianv
    Free Member

I hung out with Afrikka Bambaata at the Berlin Love Perade

mattjng
    Free Member

Got the first ever ski/snowboard descent of this face in the Alps. It was an awesome end to a whole winter of living there and riding/climbing every day

North-East face of the Hausstock in the Swiss alps if anyone wants to know

iDave
    Free Member

matt, by ski/snowboard descent, do you mean one foot on each?

v cool tho'

mattjng
    Free Member

I mean I was on a snowboard and my mate was on skis, but it had not been done on either before 😉

geminafantasy
    Free Member

"Never had the desire to fire a gun – really don't see what's "cool" about weapons"

Hmmm, but as The Beatles said, 'happiness is a warm gun' – and they weren't liars…

DezB
    Free Member

but I think they were talking about winkles

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 120 total)

The topic ‘Whats the coolest thing you have ever done???’ is closed to new replies.