Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • What's the concensus on Superstar wheels?
  • robware
    Free Member

Require a front wheel. Looking at their EX23 rim option on either a Switch Ultra or Tesla hub.

johnnystorm

I’ve got two sets and a mate has some. Never had any problems bar one cracked freehub which was 20 quid and five minutes to swap. Thats with Old switch hubs and crests.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Had mine for ages now, at least a few years EN521 with Switch hubs – actually they were second-hand so older still.

A set of bearings each end – 2 freebodies (paid for the original type and got a free improved type when it cracked) but otherwise they’ve been tip-top.

I’m -16st, ride in all weathers 12 months a year, live in South Wales and only have one bike so they’ve seen some treatment- 2 Alps trips too!

Hope hubs probsbly have the edge (I’ve had those too) but it’s marginal and S* means you can buy whole built wheels for the price of Hope hubs.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

A front wheel you say 😀

I bought a set of Superstar cross wheels for my Boardman Hybrid a year or two ago. A single wheel was about |£120 and the pair was £170 ish so I just bought the pair. The front wheel is sat on my wardrobe waiting for the original to perish. If it’s what you’re after…

But back to your question. They’ve been ok. Had to replace the bearings once so far, which was pretty easy – even for a punter like me.

TBH when I looked on STW afterwards for Superstar references I thought I was bound to die horribly. But they’ve been ok. Done maybe 2k miles on it at a guess, maybe less.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘What's the concensus on Superstar wheels?’ is closed to new replies.