Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Whats the biggest tyres you can fit in a PX Pro Carbon?
  • 40mpg

I’m doing an adventure race thing in the summer, and the cycling sections although mostly tarmac have a couple of gravel sections (the track up the side of the Talybont reservoir, and a bit over towards Brecon). I know the talybont bit and its pretty smooth.

Anyway I would rather ride my road bike as its mostly tarmac, but was thinking of putting some cross tyres on it. Whats the max size I could get away with?

leeroybrown
    Free Member

25mm on the back not sure about the front, I doubt you will get bigger than that to fit

igm

25 Conti slicks front and rear here. I don’t think you’d get anything bigger in.

oliverracing

I can confirm 28mm tyres don’t fit (gp4000 on open pro)

daver27
    Free Member

25’s Just. there is about 1mm clearance on the top of the fork crown so best not for wet rides or you’ll end up with a grinding paste of grit wearing out your fork crown.

40mpg

Cheers, I’ve got some super skinny cross tyres from about 15 years ago somewhere, if they havent dissolved I’ll give them a try. Was hoping I might get some 28’s in there but that sounds unlikely.

hooli

Sorry for the hijack but how do you find the PX pro carbon? I was looking at them the other day and they seem very good value, wondering if there is a downside?

Online reviews seem to be mixed, a lot of negativity from people who don’t actually own them saying it is too cheap and therefore will split into 900 pieces and kill you on the first outing.

40mpg

I went from a very stiff, light aluminium frame with old 9-sp dura ace which I used to race criteriums on, to the pro-carbon (I dont race now).

Its light enough, stiff enough and comfortable enough for my uses – generally 40-60 mile sunday runs at circa 19mph, summer evening fast blasts with my mates, and the odd 100-miler and sportive.

Can’t really fault it for a grand (I got the 10-sp ultegra one just over a year ago) – think they’re even cheaper now.

If I was buying now, I’d maybe consider the RT57 as it looks a bit more racey, but thats just vanity 😉

hooli

Thanks, that’s good feedback. I will keep an eye on them in the summer.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Whats the biggest tyres you can fit in a PX Pro Carbon?’ is closed to new replies.