Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • What's the bestest, or randomest 'gift' you've recieved then?
  • binners

One of our suppliers has just randomly popped by and brought us in a big tray of pork pies from a local butcher. They’re bloody gorgeous!!

If he wanted to get in the good books, then quite frankly he’s just pulled off an absolute masterstroke.

Anyone else been on the receiving end of such random, but inspired largess?

nowik
    Free Member

Donut Friday from our local motorfactors,bag of jammy donuts with every order recieved before 10am.
    Needless to say,we save our orders,gotta love freebies :mrgreen:

GlitterGary
    Free Member

A horses head on my pillow.

Trimix
    Free Member

Stuffed Mongoose attacking a Cobra – from Pakistan, and also on the Taxidermy front, a stuffed Piranha from Venezuela.

Harry_the_Spider

My wife’s barmy but occasionally lovable uncle used to deliver spare parts to the motor trade. Once there was a 3 for 2 deal on with latex gloves. A garage would order 10 boxes and 15 would turn up, but to avoid cocking up their stock control some places would not accept the free ones so he gave them to me as a Christmas present.

I have several thousand pairs of latex gloves.

nowik
    Free Member

What size?? I have nearly ran out 😀

nbt

I’ll take a couple of boxes harry 🙂

bristolbiker
    Free Member

<….joins queue….> 😆

Harry_the_Spider

Sod off! They’re all mine!

harrymunro
    Free Member

A hug from a complete stranger.

nowik
    Free Member

GREED!! is not a good thing 😉

RealMan
    Free Member

KoM jersey, for it’s sheer trolling ability. I’ve also been given a KoM casquette, but don’t have a picture of me wearing it unfortunately.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

A pair of Dr Solomon’s Anti-Virus Socks.

I fixed a computer on an oil supply ship once. The captain (Norwegian if that’s relevant) gave me a box of The Chocolate Bar Formerly Known As Marathon

I have a model CT scanner that I could use to scan Barbie should that need ever arise (and assuming it worked, which it doesn’t)

Got the OH a couple of blue egg laying chickens (blue eggs, not blue chickens that lay eggs)

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Not entirely random, but a friend gave me a first edition of Brendan Behan’s “Confessions Of An Irish Rebel”. I’m almost afraid to open it to read it 😯 but was really made up when I unwrapped it 🙂

PJM1974
    Free Member

A pair of lacy lady’s undergarments were once sent to me in the post with a signed note.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

My old trials gloves were under the settee cushion for years, every time the Mrs cleaned the cushions she’d say, ‘what are you gonna do with these old things’ & I’d say, ‘leave them be, part of my youth those are’, & back under the cushion they’d go.
    Then last Xmas she said, ‘you’ll never guess what I got you for Xmas’. & guess what, i didn’t.
    Awesome or what? I think so.

mrlugz
    Free Member

Went to pick my smallest up from my dads one day, He’d been to the market and bought me a unicycle.

I was well chuffed.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

essel and lugz…both awesome gifts 🙂

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘What's the bestest, or randomest 'gift' you've recieved then?’ is closed to new replies.