Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Whats the best way to prevent my tubeless valves getting clogged with sealant?
  • qwerty
    Free Member

Ta.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Tubes.

scaredypants

hot sulphuric acid ?

warpcow
    Free Member

What are you using for fluid? In 6+ yrs of running tubeless on 2 bikes I’ve never had problems with clogged valves using Stan’s valves (presta) and fluid. Whenever I change tyres (about once, maybe twice, per year) I pick off anything obvious at the base of the valve.

qwerty
    Free Member

Should i just go valveless? I’d probably just need to run a bit of sealant round the dust cap.

qwerty
    Free Member

Stans Race. Have to really force the air in via track pump & real slow to release pressure when pressed.

scaredypants

stan’s race is not supposed to be put down a valve, says so on the bottle. If that’s what you’re doing, stop.

… and hot acid

qwerty
    Free Member

The Race went straight into the tyre not in via the valves, but it sprays out a little when i drop some pressure out after pumping (FnaRRRR).

jairaj

keep the valve at 3 or 9 oclock position when inflating the tyre.

teamslug
    Free Member

It doesn’t stop the valve getting clogged but I squirt gt85 into valve cap before I put it back on. Stops the twiddly bit from clogging up.

flossie
    Free Member

Inner tubes…. You know it’s the future!

LAT

Store the bike with the valves at 6 o’clock. Any sealant in the valve will drain into the tyre.

This won’t unclog the valve, of course,

scaredypants

Store the bike AND INFLATE TYRES with the valves at 6 o’clock. Any sealant in the valve will drain into the tyre.

Deflate with the valve somehwere above level

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Whats the best way to prevent my tubeless valves getting clogged with sealant?’ is closed to new replies.