Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Whats the best joke/one liner you've heard in a best mans speech?
  • teadrinker
    Free Member

I was at a wedding at the weekend and the Best mans speech wasn’t one of the best one’s I’ve heard (Bless him, he tried hard though). If was full of “you had to be there” moments so everyone didn’t really get it.

So as the title says, what’s the best you’ve heard?

FraserHughes
    Free Member

Not a best man’s speech, but a colleague of mine stood up at his 3rd wedding and said:

“I see some familiar faces and some new faces … so here we go again!”

Fair to say that split the audience.

4ndyB
    Free Member

Best I’ve heard, well obviously mine 😉

Biggest laugh was when I cracked the old “the Groom’s been dying to rip off the Bride’s knickers, they’ve been chafing him all day” joke

mboy
    Free Member

If was full of “you had to be there” moments so everyone didn’t really get it.

A good speaker can paint a picture for everyone else, so there’s no need to feel “you had to be there”… If you get me.

With speeches, its far less about the content, more about the individual’s ability to make things seem/sound interesting and funny!

Spud

My best was at our friend’s wedding when I informed the guests that the bride and groom had got their early to get the best seats. The joke was lost on the half of the guests who were German. The giveaway were the large brightly coloured beach towels I had put on their seats, the English guests could hardly contain themselves.

Northwind

There’s loads of stock jokes which are mostly rubbish, but you hear them over and over. “This is the second time today I’ve stood up with a piece of paper in my hand” seems to be in every crap speech, we had it twice in one day for one wedding. The only one I really like out of those is “I’ve never been a best man before, but I’m going to give it my best shot because <groom> says that if I don’t do a good job he’ll let someone else do it next time”.

brooess
    Free Member

My brother’s groom’s speech opened with a deadpan. ‘it’s been a wonderful day, but very emotional…
    …. even the cake’s in tiers!’

I know it’s a t’internet standard but my bro isn’t one for public speaking and he was looking a bit serious so it went down a storm.

All about the delivery, and relevance IMO

grum
    Free Member

Biggest laugh was when I cracked the old “the Groom’s been dying to rip off the Bride’s knickers, they’ve been chafing him all day” joke

:cringe:

Not that I envy you the task of having to do it – luckily no-one has ever asked me. 🙂

4ndyB
    Free Member

cringeworthy, yes but it got the desired effect which was a room full of laughter

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Whats the best joke/one liner you've heard in a best mans speech?’ is closed to new replies.