Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • What's the best book you've read recently?
  • MrCrushrider
    Free Member

Im looking for inspiration – so what have you read recently that you’d recommend?

ton

bed.

TheFlyingOx

Kafka On The Shore – Haruki Murakami

Properly magical writer. Throughout the entire book you feel as though you’re reading about our reality, only nudged 1mm to the left. It’s very odd. Exactly the same with the other book of his I read: The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Weaveworld – Clive Barker (well, re-read it – I have read it about 5 times now).

Grapes of Wrath – John Steinbeck (well I read it ages ago but have been meaning to re-read it recently – every single living adult should be made to read this masterpiece).

hels
    Free Member

I really enjoyed the last Iain Banks. “Transitions” I think ? (can never remember book names since the dawn of the e-reader)

Creg

Attention All Shipping by Charlie Connelly is proving to be a very good read indeed.

hels
    Free Member

Also recommend Sebastian Faulks “Birdsong” for a more boysy action read. It’s about WW1 and the guys who dug under the German trenches. Minimal on the sloopy romance stuff.

singletrackfred

Outliers: The Story of Success by Malcolm Gladwell.

mactheknife

James Lee Burke – The Glass Rainbow!

The latest in a series about Lousiana cop Dave Robicheaux.

His writing style is pure poetry. 😀

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

+1 hels – it is a wonderful book and it fired my interest in reading factual accounts of the two world wars. And the one book I would recommend in that vein is ‘With The Jocks’ by Peter White.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Bit dated and non fiction, but apache by ed macy, 1000 button pushes just to get her off the ground. 😯

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

A Fine Balance – Rohinton Mistry

But it depends what else you like really

montylikesbeer

Crash by JG Ballard,I forgot how disturbing it was

Just started A Clockwork Orange

mrchrispy

Iain m banks – surface detail
    his best yet (IMO), simply awesome

verses

Just finished rereading Michael Marshall Smith’s One of Us.
    One of my faves.

Edit: Currently rereading Kurt Vonnegut’s Slaughterhouse 5. With all this rereading, I maybe need some new books…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘What's the best book you've read recently?’ is closed to new replies.