Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Whats Rapport ? Ebay signing in query
  • FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I’m just signing in to my Ebay account and this message has popped up on my screen in green blue box.

Rapport has identified password submission.
    Do you want Rapport to start protecting this password?

If you click ‘Protect this password’ Rapport will warn you when you enter this password into a new website where it was not previously entered. This would help you identify fraudulent websites that ask for your login information.

Rapport does not store your password and does not send it outside of your computer.

Is this some malicious software because I certainly havent downloaded any software to protect passwords…

Ta

sweepy
    Free Member

RBS keep asking me if I want to download rapport, I think its additional protection from them.

maccruiskeen

Well Rapport is a bona fido security app – but its something that you will have to have actively installed yourself, usually with the encouragement of whatever online bank you use. If it has been installed you should have a little logo on the top bit of your browser bar somewhere – with safari it sits between the address bar and google bar – a square with a sort of arrow bit pointing left on the bottom edge. This will light up green when Rapport is active.

Its job is to recognise when you are putting a password into a site – then to try and ensure that in future its only that site that gets your password and not a spoofed site phishing for passwords.

But if you haven’t installed Rapport then something fishy is going on…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Whats Rapport ? Ebay signing in query’ is closed to new replies.