• This topic has 7 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Bez.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • What's out there similar to an Cotic Escpade?
  • teadrinker
    Free Member

I’m looking for a steel do it all frame, the Cotic ticks all the right boxes but size wise it just isn’t big enough for me. I’m on a Arkose but just wondered what else is available?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Genesis croix/tour de fer?

Depends what you want.

Steel or aluminium.

Gravel / CX / road / touring geometry.

Discs or canti’s?

Budget?

Bez

A Road Rat is an Escapade with a longer top tube, so could that work? Otherwise: All-City Macho Man, Surly Disc Trucker, Soma Double Cross, Surly Straggler, Fairdale Weekender, Genesis Croix de Fer…?

teadrinker
    Free Member

More info would have been helpful wouldn’t it! Looking for more gravel based so the bias would be more offroad than road. Think Thetford forest and similar etc.

Currently on a XL Arkose and size wise it’s fine, maybe a tad bigger would be good but overall it’s fine. If I could change my current bike I’d want the front to be raised up a bit more.

Budget wise I’d want to spend similar the Cotic’s.

ampthill

Just out of interest. How will the new bike be different from the old one? Well other than heavier

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

If it’s for real off road then a cross bike might be more suited, or even a monster cross bike, slacker angles, tougher frames, more mud clearance.

There were some genesis fugio frames on ebay not so long ago, no idea about sizes but cheaper and probably stiffer (guess that’s important on XL frames) being race frames than something like an escapade?

Bez

Ah, if the OP’s wanting a higher front end than an Arkose, a Weekender’s way out.

The Disc Trucker’s reasonably tall up front, certainly if you don’t cut the steerer, but the chainstay length and seat angle don’t scream “ideal for thwacking round Thetford”. Virtually all the current crop of gravel bikes are probably ideal, but they’re mostly aluminium. Um. Have you considered aluminium? 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘What's out there similar to an Cotic Escpade?’ is closed to new replies.