Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • What's my Pitch worth?
  • PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Toying with selling Pitch Pro as I can’t see me using it much again

It’s the brown one, medium, and has been upgraded a tad, but the frame is a bit battered 🙂

Hope XC(rear 36h) Pro 2 (front 32h) on Sun SOS rims, 2,35 High Rollers
    Magura Louise BAT brakes (200/180 rotors)
    Rockshox Lyriks, Coil U Turn, TF Tuned serviced
    Nearly new Cane Creek 110 headset
    Drivetrain is standard but with nearly new Cass/Chain/Rings/BB/Bashguard
    Wider bars, SDG saddle, Superstar Lock Ons, the long ones
    Shock (RP2) Is away being serviced as I type, all the bearings and bushings are 100% free of play

But it’s well used: There’s a gouge/dent on one seatstay which has been there for 2 years now, and the underside of the downtube has a fair few rock strikes on it. The head race creaks, but I’m going to fix that with bearing fit, and the fork bushes are a bit slack, but accoring to TFTuned ‘They do that, sir, and it’s not a problem’
    It’s an All Mountain MTB. It’s been used as such, but I have looked after it…!

It has to be said I might strip it and sell in parts though, but I’d be left with odds and sods like bars and grips….

Grips and seatpost changed since this pic was taken

IMG_7806 by PeterPoddy, on Flickr

IMG_8011 by PeterPoddy, on Flickr

nosedive
    Free Member

I got £400 for mine, that also had a lot of upgrades but also had some frame damage

smiff
    Free Member

nice bike.. should get more than that. if you have time, break it up, should get plenty more..

front tyre is on backwards i think? :p

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I got £400 for mine, that also had a lot of upgrades but also had some frame damage

Spec? Damage? Where did you sell it?

🙂

watsontony
    Free Member

would fly for 400. even with a bit of damage. fancy a swap for a gt sensor4.0 with idrive?

monkeyboyjc

if you split….

frameinc headset: 200
    forks: 200
    wheels: 80
    breaks: 60-80
    xt chainset? 60-80
    gears: 80
    other bits: 50

total: 730 – 770…..

so aound 600 as a full bike.

nosedive
    Free Member

when I sold mine for £400 it had a dent in the downtube, usual place in front of the bottom bracket. It had the stock Pike forks that were a bit worse for wear, but on the plus side it had a really nice brand new set of DT swiss wheels of an enduro expert, xt chainset with gamut, chris king headset.

to be fair yours is nicer spec with those lyrics on

wrecker
    Free Member

xt chainset? 60-80

I’d say this is a little optimistic unless you include the dropper post.

I_Ache
    Free Member

I might know somebody who would be interested in the whole bike.

Drop me a mail before putting it up for sale with how much you would want for it and I will get onto him.

Mail in profile BTW.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

£600-£800? At least? Bodged together rigid singlespeeds with non mathcing v-brakes go for more than £400!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I Ache, will do, cheers. It’ll be a couple of weeks before it’s all sorted and ready to go though, I imagine.

xt chainset? 60-80

I’d say this is a little optimistic unless you include the dropper post.

Dropper post is currently with my brother and it’s only a cheapo KS one. Thirty quids worth.

Chainset is Deore (As I said, drivetrain is standard apart from the bashring) All Deore save the X9 Rear mech and X5 shifters 🙂

I_Ache
    Free Member

That’s probably fine, he has been borrowing one of my bikes when we go out and is in the market for something like this. There is no rush because I can’t ride for 3 months.

continuity
    Free Member

Whatever you get for it, you will get more on ebay if you write a good advert.

soobalias
    Free Member

i will take it off your hands for £300
    just close your eyes next week when i re-advertise it here with your pictures for £500, recent thread says 50% of stwusers wont care.

slightly more seriously, from the thread title, i was going to say £350, having read your description, £450- 500.

you know you have to split it to get the best return tho.

DrP

🙁

Will be like losing an old friend……
    Oh, And the headset spacer too…….. you broke your vows Mr Poddy….

DrP

billyboulders
    Free Member

Fence could do with re-staining.
    Weeds in the gravel.
    😉

soobalias
    Free Member

Bodged together rigid singlespeeds with non mathcing v-brakes go for more than £400!

woop woop, better clean and photograph my slot-bred

Andy

DrP – Member

Will be like losing an old friend……
    Oh, And the headset spacer too…….. you broke your vows Mr Poddy….

Agreed 😥 and whats he going to ride in the alps next year then?

EDIT: I can still remember the “christmas morning” look on his face when we gave him the pete “pitch love” poddy spacer 😥

DrP

Whats he going to ride in the alps next year then?

The next model up…

DrP

Andy

😀 😀 😀

Yeah 29er version…awsm!!

xiphon
    Free Member

I sold my Pitch frame, back in 2009 mind, for £400…

That whole bike is more like £600-800??

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Billy, fence has been done since and the drive is freshly block paved 🙂

Andy, DrP you cheeky gits!
    I’m not sure if I’ll sell it or not to be honest. It owes me nothing really, but, well, you know…?
    I don’t really need it
    But I can’t really replace it with anything better

We’ll see. 🙂

mboy
    Free Member

Despite the knocks and scrapes, you’d still get quite a bit of money for that broken up… My mate recently got £250 for a 2006 Enduro frame with a shock that needed a service. Given that, your frame with a fully serviced shock has to be worth £300 at least with the headset. The forks, I’d say, got to be worth £200-250 as long as the service was fairly recent. Wheels have got to be worth £80-100. Brakes the same again, £80-100. Bars, saddle, grips and stem worth about £40 all in. Cranks are worth £30 or so, mechs and shifters another £40-50. Cassette, chain etc. you might get £20 for if it’s still usable, otherwise not much.

I reckon broken up, you’d get £800 back for that bike. Certainly £700 or so after postage anyway.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Mboy, I was thinking about £700 as parts, £550 as a whole bike. It’s actually amazing what a Spesh frame will sell for on eBay. I couldn’t get £150 for my 04 Stumpy FSR at 3 years old on STW but it went for £352 on eBay! I don’t think your figures are too far out TBH. I’d sell the frame with seatpost and stem though, and the OE bars and front mech (bolt on mech, special fit) and the headset seperately.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

That said, a lot of it really is battered. There’s gouges in the cranks, pins missing from the pedals, probably a dozen small dings near the BB, plenty scratches etc. the wheels are solid as **** though. The back one I built myself, 36 plain gauge spokes, beefy rim, Hopes best ever hub, and I’ve never touched it since. It’s survived one hell of a battering!

It weighs in at about 33lb as it stands.

uwe-r
    Free Member

I suggested to a mate he go for a rockhopper to get into riding and I would look out for one for him. You can’t get a good one for less than 500! Madness you should get 600 for that I would have thought minimum.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘What's my Pitch worth?’ is closed to new replies.