Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • What's my Pitch Pro worth?
  • PeterPoddy
    Free Member

No, it's not for sale, another thread got me thinking about it, that's all… 🙂

2009 Pitch Pro (The brown one) In good condition

Not much is still standard apart from cranks (Deore HT2), shifters (X5), mechs (X9 r, LX f), stem, shock (RP2, just serviced by me).

Upgrades:
    Rockshox Lyrik coil U-turn (Just serviced by TFT) Firm spring.
    Hope hubs (36h XC rear, 32h Pro2 front) handbuilt onto Sun SOS rims
    2.35 Maxxis High rollers (Std rear, Supertacky front)
    Magura Louise BAT brakes 203/180 rotors
    SDG Bel Air saddle
    KS uppy-downy seatpost
    Wider FSA Maximus bars
    DMR Lock ons
    22/36 rings with bashring
    DMR V8 pedals

Go on, what would you give me for that, as a full bike? 😀

Shandy
    Free Member

Surely it is priceless?

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

what year are the forks?, are all the upgrades new or just old stuff you swapped out?

They hold their value quite well compared to others.

BigJohn

RP2, just serviced by me

I think that might have knocked it down a bit.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

what year are the forks?, are all the upgrades new or just old stuff you swapped out?

I can't see how that makes a difference. Price the bike, not the history! 🙂

But to answer the question I bought everything new apart from the forks which are a couple of years old, but in prefect nick after the service. and I've had the brakes a while too but they are perfect: Brand new Magura rotors and new hoses for this bike.
    The rear XC hub was brand new unused about a year ago, I prefer them to Pro 2 rears. 🙂

GW
    Free Member

PeterPoddy – Member
    No, it's not for sale

WGAF then?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I think that might have knocked it down a bit.

Why? Everyone should be doing it! 🙂

soma_rich
    Free Member

I would say £500-£600 I bet the dent in the seat stay would knock a bit off though…

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

WGAF then?

Me.

And it seems people just want to argue the toss rather than answer the question! 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I would say £500-£600 I bet the dent in the seat stay would knock a bit off though…

What dent? I put a new stay on it! 😀

And you're miles out, I can get more than that for the frame and forks alone.

robdob
    Free Member

I'd go for £850 maybe. Def worth more if sold in bits!

If it's for insurance purposes it's more like £2k as if you had to buy another with that spec new it'd be a fortune! (obviously old for new policies only)

DezB
    Free Member

And it seems people just want to argue the toss rather than answer the question!

Are you new here??

(I have no idea btw 🙂 )

hora
    Free Member

I own a XTR rear mech thats 10yrs old. Its utterly priceless to me. I wouldn't be without it on my bike. I wouldn't even swap it for a carbon Xo rear mech (seriously).

If I sold it I'd probably get £2.

Maybe not this extreme but PP's bike to you- is worth 3times what you'd get for it. Its one of those things that you know the value of but others don't?

shortcut

Well if you take the low prices they were about 18months ago, £900 ish and reckon that the changes may have preserved value a bit, £450 – £600 depending on condition.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

OK, I've totted it up as a stripped down bike, and being a bit on the pessemistic side I reckon £1000+ as parts. (£120 for a pair of Hope hubbed AM wheels? Easy peasy!)
    The frame and forks alone would cover the only 2 estimates on this thread. Those forks alone are £700+ these days

Maybe not this extreme but PP's bike to you- is worth 3times what you'd get for it. Its one of those things that you know the value of but others don't?

Oh, I ain't selling it. The Carerra thread got me thinking, that's all….

But if I did, I reckon I'd only be loosing around £200 on what I've actaully paid. Which makes me feel happy inside. 😉 😀

GW
    Free Member

not sure what's sadder, totting it up or posting your joy at the result online

brakes
    Free Member

I'd give you the boiled sweet that I dropped behind my cabinet 3 years ago, it's orange flavour, or at least it was, it probably tastes of blue fluff now
    and I'll throw in a Carerra Banshee too

chakaping
    Free Member

I don't know why this is making me laugh so much.

I'm just as bad as Peter Poddy for actually reading him arguing about the price of a bike he isn't selling.

I should be ashamed.

JonR
    Free Member

While bikes sell for a good bit less than the sum of the value of their parts. If you are asking what is my bike worth? Then on the Classifieds forum if you put that bike up for sale you would have to lower your price to roughly 700 quid to sell it I would reckon.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Specialized-Pitch-Pro-FSR-Mountain-Bike-Good-Condition-/320560845070?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Bikes_GL&hash=item4aa2ea510e

nickc

£500-600 for a complete bike, maybe 800-950 if you broke it

toys19
    Free Member

Given that I've seen fotos of you PP and you are not a whippet, I'd say its worth eff all… 😆

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

While bikes sell for a good bit less than the sum of the value of their parts. If you are asking what is my bike worth? Then on the Classifieds forum if you put that bike up for sale you would have to lower your price to roughly 700 quid to sell it I would reckon.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Specialized-Pitch-Pro-FSR-Mountain-Bike-Good-Condition-/320560845070?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Bikes_GL&hash=item4aa2ea510e

Who said I'd sell it on the classifides? Not me, that's for sure!

So £780 on Ebay recently, and the spec of mine blows that into the weeds, so £900-£1000 I reckon. Get 2 serious bidders and I might even turn a profit*

Sweet! 🙂

*Don't mock. It wouldn't be the first time I've done that, or even the 2nd…. 8)

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I don't know why this is making me laugh so much.

I'm just as bad as Peter Poddy for actually reading him arguing about the price of a bike he isn't selling.

I should be ashamed.

LOL!
    Glad I'm not the only one who sees the lighter side! 😀

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘What's my Pitch Pro worth?’ is closed to new replies.