Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • whats my old bike worth?
  • dice01
    Free Member

I have a Giant Tarrgo 2006 that i just dont ride anymore due to having a new bike. It just sat there. is it worth selling and how much do you think it is worth? Paid £450 for it new

spec
    GIANT 2006 TERRAGO DISC Specifications:

•Frame Aluxx 6061with integrated down tube gusset
    ••Suntour XCP75 75mm Headset
    •Cane Creek ahead Chainset
    •Shimano TX70 Front Mech
    •Shimano C50 Rear Mech
    •Shimano Alivio Shifters
    •Shimano Alivio 24 speed

•Rims RODI aluminium
    •Hubs Formula Cassette SRAM PG830
    •Tyres KENDA 1.95"
    •Brakes GIANT MPH Brake Levers
    •GIANT MPH Handle Bar
    •Low rise GIANT Comp aluminium Stem
    •GIANT Comp Aluminium Saddle
    •GIANT Seat Pin

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

one prob with old giants is the discounting pauls cycles offer on new-old stock undermines any idea of RRP. I assume suntour XP75 is in fact a suspension fork and not a headset by the way!

A search of fleabay incl completed sales shows one 06 terrago disc went for £215. Another went for just £136…

So £200 if its mint?

http://completed.shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?_nkw=giant+terrago&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=See-All-Categories&_okw=giant+terrago&_oexkw=&LH_Complete=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=200&_fpos=Postcode&LH_SALE_CURRENCY=0&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_rdc=1

dice01
    Free Member

you think its worth splitting it and selling the frame ect on it own?

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

no because (no offence intended) the parts are too low-end to be worth anything, and the frame isn't something special enough that someone would want to buy it and build their bits up on it.

Braking and selling separately is only worthwhile for high end bikes where youd struggle to get what you want for a full bike (think £1600 Santa Cruz Nomads etc)but plenty of people might want the frame and/or the nice sexy kit.

If you get £200 for it thats nearly half of rrp for a 4yr old bike, which is actually a really good return. If I was you and someone offered/bid £200 I'd bite their arm off.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘whats my old bike worth?’ is closed to new replies.