• This topic has 29 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Alex.
Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • What's missing? Saturday Morning photo quiz :)
  • Alex

In the spirit of Where’s Wally?, here’s the current ‘build pile’ for my Flare Max. Four things are missing. Two are pretty obvious, the other two… well let’s see

[url=https://flic.kr/p/Ln4Cbd]Just a few bits missing![/url] by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

There are good reasons for the missing bits.. if there wasn’t this would look a lot more like a bike right now!

Bregante

Frame
    Forks
    Front wheel
    Back wheel

Alex

it’s a solid start there. When I said four bits, wheel pair counts as 1 and I’ve just realised there’s something else as well. So still three things I know about and maybe some stuff I’ve forgotten..

Bregante

Seatpost?
    Saddle?

BigJohn

Bell? Reflectors? Mudguards?

CheesybeanZ

Tea/ beer .

jam-bo

Cup of coffee.

Alex

Now we’re getting somewhere 🙂

The demo bike had a 125mm dropper. I’d really like a 150mm version. That’s 440mm of which a lot has to got into the seat tube leaving a crank axle to saddle of 29 inches. Which is a bit much for stumpy legs here. So I’m running 170mm cranks and I might have to run a lower profile saddle (Spoon v a Fabric Radius both of which I like). It really is that close.

Failing that, I’ll stick a 125mm in there and run a QR for additional ‘manual droppage’ if required.

Still one thing missing tho that I can see. Or can’t see. I hope it’s in the frame box I’m off to pick up from Less @ inviiframe in an hour or so…

Alex

Coffee/Beer/Tea/Large hammers currently awaiting all the bits to build it.. sadly not picking wheels up from wheel builder until Monday.

Mudguard is a good shout, best check the spares bin…

kilo

headset, bb, shock?

cloudnine
    Free Member

Chain, Stan’s sealant, wheels, seat, seat post,forks, frame, the right sized brake mount adaptor, cable end crimps,

Alex

Headset is in the frame as is the shock. BB is on the right. It’s the RF one so I should put it in a jelly baby bag. As it lasts about as long as a packet of those 😉

Brake mount adaptors I think I’m fine, front is 180 on the X-Fusion fork and that’s the disc I have. Rear should be a 180 PtP adaptor. Stans is a good shout, got some somewhere, cable is out front, crimp tool near the hammer 🙂

martinhutch

Empathy towards your fellow rider, that’s what’s missing. I want to be in the garage building up a Flare today. 🙂

mechanicaldope

Spokey dokeys?

scc999

So far we’ve had Frame (inc shock), Wheels, Fork, Seatpost & Seat. So that’s 5 already!
    Grips? I assume pedals are in the SS box on the left?

nickdavies

If it’s supposed to be in the frame box then seatpost clamp?

Harry_the_Spider

Sausage roll, Emma Bunton, Cairo and a straw.

What do I win?

Alex

Sorry I was fetching the frame. Grips are there but a bit hidden… pedals are in the box.. Emma Bunton sent her apologies 🙂

I shall photograph the missing item once I’ve unpacked the box…

Alex

But in the words of Brucie ‘You’ve all done very well’ 🙂

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Streamers for the ends of your bars and a basket for the handlebars?

LadyGresley
    Free Member

But in the words of Brucie ‘You’ve all done very well’

Tsk, you youngsters, you know nothing, that was young Mr Grace in Are You Being Served. Brucie did “didn’t they do well?”

nixie

If you are tight on space for 150mm then have a look at the vyron. The collar and hence total height is less than a reverb by a reasonable amount.

Alex

@lady – of course it was.. I put it down to the excitement of new bike bits! However in reference to streamers I’m distracted enough when riding a bike. Although I like the idea of a basket. For a mid ride beer stop if there are no pubs handy..

@nixie – interesting, will have a look as I’m borrowing a mate’s 150mm reverb to test it

[url=https://flic.kr/p/LQobLk]Untitled[/url] by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

Missing part was the second tyre. That was in the box. APC are allegedly delivering me some forks today. Wheels Monday, build Tuesday night, Ride weds 🙂

Bregante

I call foul!

You can’t count two wheels as one item and then count the tyres separately!

Bloody rubbish.
    🙂

Alex

I make the rules. I didn’t ever suggest it was a democracy 🙂

Well it appears APC are keen to take over the mantle from the likes of Yodel and the not-missed-at-all CityLink in their amusing interpretation of ‘out for delivery’ and ‘answering the phone’… so no forks today.

Alex

Done…

[url=https://flic.kr/p/LtSSTQ]Untitled[/url] by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

150mm reverb in there with a mod that *might* invalidate the warranty 😉 You don’t need all that outer tube… Not ridden it yet. Will report back when I do. I think the Aqua-Ninja colour scheme works well…

Goldigger
    Free Member

Still missing some mud guards 😀

boxelder

Crown race – you wait, you’ll see……

matt_outandabout

“Aqua Ninja”
    More
    “Miss Marple 110”

Alex

I’ll get a mud guard for it today… hopefully sneak out for a ride late this afternoon

Miss Marple indeed… come the revolution comrade, names have been taken 🙂

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘What's missing? Saturday Morning photo quiz :)’ is closed to new replies.