Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • What's in your first aid kit?
  • matt_outandabout

I have a couple of kits –

Work one includes some ‘comfort’ stuff like plasters.
    Our family one, a little less.
    I also have a really basic one.

All have Duck Tape in all of them – great for sticking all sorts up when you need to. It is folded, not on roll.
    All have rescuci aid.
    All have big wound pad.
    (that is it for basic kit)

I also have tick remover’s in the bigger kits.

v8ninety

Drac – Moderator
    How d’you know if they’re allergic?
    Ask them?
    POSTED 35 MINUTES AGO

Lol! Spot the Para. Beat me to it, but thought the same. First aid threads on STW never fail to entertain. Disappointed that no one has bragged about their CAT tourniquet or their EZ-IO gun that they carry ‘just in case’ yet…

(Personally, Just MTFU, and adapt what I’ve got, if really needed. It rarely is…)

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Righteo – here’s what I carry in my first aid kit for work:

Two rolls each of 1cm, 2cm, 4cm zinc oxide tape,
    2 each EAB 1″ and 2″,
    Electrical tape,
    Gaffa tape,
    Steristrips,
    Wound glue,
    Staple gun,
    Plasters,
    10 little vials of sterile water for cleaning cuts and grazes/ washing eyes out,
    A pack of gauze,
    A selection of dressings,
    SAM splints in various sizes,
    Airways of various sizes,
    Chrichothyroidotomy kit,
    A&E collar,
    Spinal board and blocks, and spider straps,
    Scoop stretcher,
    Stethoscope,
    O2 bottle and various masks,
    AED.

😉

matt_outandabout

Show off. 😆

Drac

Not bad for a Physio.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

@wanmankylung – no Ventouse of forceps? God help anyone who goes into tricky labour around you!

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Rugby is a dangerous game.

Only things that I haven’t had to use this season are the Chrich kit and AED.

TiRed

My point is simple. Basic first aid kits supply dressings that are seldom large enough to cover a decent road rash. Hence I carry my own just in case. If it’s a serious injury it will be 999. If it is a nasty graze and 30 miles to go, then a giant plaster might make the difference. I’ve sealed a pedal gash with duct tape too, but nothing worse.

Last week’s little accident saw my road first aid kit remain firmly in the back pocket until they cut my jersey off in the CT scanner. 😉

andyv
    Free Member

A Sterile dressing or two, and insulation tape to hold it on.
    Nothing else stays on in rain.

Drac

If it’s a serious injury it will be 999. If it is a nasty graze and 30 miles to go, then a giant plaster might make the difference

What difference is that then?

wanmankylung
    Free Member

It might placebo them down the hill?

TiRed

It covered the modesty of some impressively ripped shorts, actually. Not mine btw.

mlke
    Free Member

Dunno why folks are being snooty about first aid kits? They’re quite handy for making minor injuries comfortable for multiday rides or possibly some long rides. Painkillers/antihistamines/plasters for grazes etc all make for an easier second day. For sure if you can see bone then probabl? you’re farked but most accidents aren’t like that

liamhutch89
    Free Member

Would honestly carry shots of morphine with me for downhill sessions if I had a supply. Nothing worse than waiting for an ambulance with broken bones.

I’m glad I’ve read this thread anyway, it’s reminded me to put some bandages and plasters in my bag for more minor injuries

Cougar

Main thing for me is a tick twister, those things give me the fear.

I carry stuff for cleaning wounds, antiseptic wipes and the like. Much easier to pick grot out of a graze when it’s fresh rather than after it’s scabbed over and going green. MTFU is all well and good, but a Real Man would be equipped to dress his OH’s wounds after she’s had an off. (-:

Also in there is a few dressings, ibuprofen and paracetamol, and odds and sods that came with the kit that I’ve not bothered to remove. I should sort it out really.

Tubes, duct tape etc are in the tool kit, of course.

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘What's in your first aid kit?’ is closed to new replies.