Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • What's hot in tyres right now?
  • jamesgarbett
    Free Member

On Flow rims

woody2000

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CV_hDyfmEw4[/video]

sambob
    Free Member

Hans Dampfs are pretty good by all accounts. On-One Chunky Monkey for super grippy cheapness, bit draggy though. Work well tubeless.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Conti Verts

br
    Free Member

Where, and what kinda riding?

superdale
    Free Member

Looking also need to be good in dry weather & handle fairly rocky granite terrain – 2.25 + maximum traction please.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

The Maxxis High Roller 2 in the single ply 3C/EXO format is simply amazing as a front tyre. More grip than the standard High Roller or Minion DHF, better in wet conditions and the long side knobs really do bite brilliantly. I wouldn’t run it as a rear tyre, though. If I need lots of grip then this is my go to tyre unless the track is really muddy, and wild enough to deserve a spike, like a Wetscream.

juan
    Free Member

The hotest is probably the vulcanisation process 😉

Northwind

Depends what you want it to do. Conti Baron still in a field of one when it comes to big non-spike mud tyres, frinstance. Specialied Butcher probably the king of the things-that-are-like-a-Minion.

kiwijohn

Michelin Wild Rock’r.

slimsi
    Free Member

Conti Barons Black Chilli – very fast for such a big tyre but expensive…my mate has the Hans Dampf and they seem very similar but his defo drag more!

twoniner
    Free Member

My Whyte 29er came with a Maxxis Ardent on the front, I was going to change it but after a couple of rides Im leaving it on. Up to now its probably the best tyre I’ve ridden.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Racing Ralph TLR pacestar evos on my bike are pretty cool

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘What's hot in tyres right now?’ is closed to new replies.