Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • whats happened to the youth!
  • mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

whereas most of my mates are going to be leaving uni with over £20k of debt and no job to go to.

But in ten years time you may be earning the equivalent of £20k still but they might be earning the equivalent of £40k+….

Not knocking you as everyone is different and have their own needs/desires/expectations etc, but just trying to make you see perspective.

adam_h
    Free Member

But in ten years time you may be earning the equivalent of £20k still but they might be earning the equivalent of £40k+….

I see what you mean, and that will be the case with some jobs. But at the end of my 4 years, I'll be on minimum £40k – plus any overtime I do, most of the people who I work with see well over £50k a year. After that, I've then got the scope to move into the managment and planning side of things.

I can understand university if you know where you want to go with it and have yourself set on a certain career that requires a degree/whatever. But I really can't see the point in just going because you're unsure what else to do, there are plenty of other options other than uni that can lead to high paid jobs.

Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘whats happened to the youth!’ is closed to new replies.