Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • What's getting you all excited about 2011?
  • Bushwacked
    Free Member

I’m just excited at the thought of being able to ride again and get fit.

What are you hoping 2011 will bring you with regard to bikes?

Smarty
    Free Member

I’m reading that as though you haven’t been ABLE to ride ? Sorry if I’ve read it wrong.
    I have been able to but have spent last 3months of 2010 making excuses not to, holidays, man flu, too busy etc…Still, I’m excited at the prospect of making a fresh start this year, started with a couple of hours out yesterday. I have to be careful not to overdo it at first, I have a habit of getting my mind set but the body can’t cope. My arse is too tender today for it to see a saddle so a little walking and gonna go to Tod Cross for a watch.
    Good luck Bushwacked in 2011, hope it brings you what you want.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Yeah, post viral fatigue so not able to ride but I’ve also not felt like riding until the last day or so.

Take it easy to begin with, I used to be able to do a good half a day with no problems and even the occasional full day but no I doubt I can manage 30mins without a relapse so I’m in a similar boat as you.

BTW – Why’s your arse so tender?

AntLockyer
    Free Member

I hope it turns out to be a riding packed year for you. I’m excited by writing my business plan for a bicycle related company. I have a LOT to learn and it’s likely going to take me at least the rest of the year.

Smarty
    Free Member

Funny you should ask, I had been considering a new thread along the lines of ‘recommend me a comfy saddle’. Is there really such a thing as I never seem to get to grips with what I’ve had. Is it more of a case of, you get used to it the more you ride. I’m using a Fizik Arione ATM as recommended by someone. Not what I’d call ‘all day comfort’ 😯
    Couple of hours in it yesterday and I know about it today 😕

Bushwacked
    Free Member

SDG Belair FTW! 🙂

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Nothing! I’m keeping hopes and expectations low so that I can only be pleasantly surprised 🙂

Smarty
    Free Member

Had one for while, found it hard and the way it kicked up at the back would hurt my coccyx on a long ride.
    Maybe I just need a big dose of MTFU !!! 😛

carlosg
    Free Member

My bottom likes the shape of WTB Pure and Vigo (£38 down from £95 at crc) , tried a Charge Spoon on reccomendation and hated it.

I’m looking forward to meeting my 2nd child due at the end of March , and a trip to wales with the lads in July then 2 weeks in Cornwall in August.

will
    Free Member

Etape du tour, sleepless and mayhem bike related.

Europe tour in a 300 quid car for none bike related fun

Mackem

The summer, when I have 3 months holiday.

hoochylala
    Free Member

The thought of finishing my 7th year at uni and actually having some time to myself outside of working hours to go riding! Looking at planning a multi day ride similar to the trans camvbian ride we did this year.

Sandwich

A return to Scotland and separately, some skills training. Due to a government sponsored hiatus I’m just about able to afford these this year.

samuri
    Free Member

I’m going skiing!

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I’m looking forward to just being arsed to do anything! Think i’ll set my sights on a trip to Torridon & get fit for that.

slowrider
    Free Member

Skills course in feb, snowdon in April, alps in June (prob), Tenerife with lavatrax in august. It’s set to be a good year, I’d like to squeeze glentress and inners in there too…

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I will be another year closer to death.

Bring it on!

thomthumb
    Free Member

^ this too. i’ve only just really got back on the bike since christmas but it feels awesome. however i am really scared on the road! (got knocked off) please tell me this will go away?

good luck bushwacked.

rewski
    Free Member

Scaphoid operation 7th Jan then an operation to take the plate out of my collarbone in Feb, so hopefully fit for spring just as the trails dry out 😀

carlosg
    Free Member

please tell me this will go away?

Sorry , I got knocked off badly (crutches for 4 months) in ’97 and am still wary anytime I have to use roads to get anywhere , you might be better though . Look on the bright side you’re still here 😀

Northwind

Hmm. Well, I’m coming into the year better and fitter than I ever have so that’s a good start. And I’ve got time to burn as well, and transport of my own which I didn’t have last year. And good mates who love to ride. Oh and 3 very nice bikes. So all in all it’s a good setup for either a fantastic year of biking, or some sort of enormous crash by halfway through january :mrgreen:

What I’m mainly looking forward to other than just general riding, is more uplifts and the fort william endurance dh. Might throw in a couple of other events, innerleithen enduro… Money’s going to be a wee bit tighter so maybe no foreign trips. But definately some journeys further afield here, Lee Quarry, Dalbeattie, Golspie… Skye hopefully, West Highland Way maybe.

forge197
    Free Member

Excited about getting back on the bike, not been out enough last few months just been out 4 times in the last 5 days and looks like I’ve got the buzz back feels good.

Got some great trips booked and in the planning so lots to look forward too.

Also looking forward to regaining my fitness and losing a few pounds.

uponthedowns
    Free Member

La Marmotte in July and 4 other sportives leading up to it. I’m being coached professionally for the first time so I’m interested to see what improvements that will bring.

lazybike
    Free Member

uponthedowns….what has your coach got you doing this week? Is it the usual base miles?

amodicumofgnar

Another oddly named England to the Alps fundraising ride. Trying to run a marathon.

uponthedowns
    Free Member

Hi lazy. Just started the programme today. There are base miles involved but also lots of interval, strength and cadence sessions.

Wookster

Trans Wales, black mountain three day can’t wait!!!!! Also can’t wait to get properly fit again!!!! (will settle for fit in fact!!!!!)

lazybike
    Free Member

sounds good … best of luck with it.

JoeBones
    Free Member

Getting back on my bike properly after four years of very little biking, buying a new full susser too

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘What's getting you all excited about 2011?’ is closed to new replies.