Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • What's for tea?
  • jools182
    Free Member

I’m desperately short of ideas

Sat here for half an hour trying to think of something appetising, drew a blank and ended up at the chippy

Now I feel guilty and slightly sick because I was in the mood for something healthy

Any ideas for healthy dinner recipes for this miserable time of year?

blader1611
    Free Member

You could eat pudding for its mental health benefits 😉

hanchurch
    Free Member

Night ride then a curry and beer…… That’s healthy right????

yossarian
    Free Member

Easy stuff that performs ‘a function’ is what I’m doing at present. There seems to be real pressure these days to make every meal a culinary experience and that makes healthy eating/weight loss etc much more difficult IMO

Tonight its quorn mince, peas, carrots, broccoli and kale with brown rice plus some homemade spice mix to make things vaguely interesting. Calorie counter to circa 650

Oh and a pint of water, go me 🙂

Rubber_Buccaneer

Stew for me but then I had the forethought to stick it in the slow cooker this morning. Loads of healthy veg and some life shortening beef. I will add dumplings when I get home to further reduce the healthiness.

RustySpanner

Pub quiz at the Castle Bolton in Redmire innit?

Pie and pea supper, couple of pints of Black Sheep.
    It’s going to be a windy night.

bearnecessities

Is it just you?

For one, a nice easy option is to just boil some veg (pots, brocolli, carrots), cook some frozen fish in milk on the pan and then mash it all together with a white sauce with plenty of pepper in. Whack it all in a dish with cheese on top and grill for a bit.

Piss easy, obscenely healthy & tasty grub for winter.

EDIT: ..and it’s ‘dinner’ you northern monkey.

ironnigel
    Free Member

I’m having rabbit stew tonight.

Mrs. IN has prepped some ricciarella as a test batch for Christmas food & booze prezzies.
    Can report in later on them when cooked if needed.

colournoise

Not overly healthy, but tonight is chicken wings, coleslaw and jacket spud.

bruneep

was out for lunch so its red wine and a cheeseboard later on.

SilentSparky
    Free Member

Chicken, Chorizo, peppers & onion with chickpeas & pinto beans here.

One of the meals we still do from “that diet” sorry lifestyle change…

toby1

Left over slow cooker chicken curry on a jacket spud for me. And yes, it’s going to be bloody lovely.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Again I’m chomping on a Charlie Binghams Chilli with Mexican (oh yes, Mexican) rice.

If this bloke goes out of business I’m going to starve 🙄

Bregante

A sort of spicy pasta concoction for me and the Mrs (chorizo, peppers, chilli, olives, parmesan and whatever was hanging around in the fridge. A much plainer version with a tomato sauce for the ratbags.

chakaping
    Free Member

Just enjoyed pasta with baby plum toms, onion, anchovies, chili, basil and parmesan.

I don’t think it’s exceptionally healthy, but it was very pleasant.

beej

Salmon cooked in foil with ginger, lime and butter. Spicy packet couscous. Broccoli.

Dead easy to do, and vaguely tasty for something healthy.

benji
    Free Member

Smoked salmon and haddock fishcakes, with home grown veggies.

Haze

No artificial additives, preservatives, flavours or colours – doctors orders.

I’ll never moan about struggling to find something to eat again!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

*Checks time*

Planning ahead for tomorrow, are you?

midlifecrashes

Fish and Chips here, but then I am on holiday at the seaside.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Pork burger and sweet potato wedges.

Quite fancy some chips though.

Suggsey
    Free Member

Liver and bacon in onion gravy with mash and peas for me, was lovely too!

MoreCashThanDash

Just watched Jnr do the level 1 session at the velodrome – it looked such hard work I had to accompany him to Pizza Hut afterwards……

maccruiskeen

Lake trout stakes and boiled potatoes with samphire, saffron and radishes and a sort of lemony-cider-vinigary-garlicy dressing thats supposed to have egg yokes in but I didn’t bother with them.

Don’t know what came over me, I’d gone out to buy fish fingers and some rolls

garage-dweller

Stew for me but then I had the forethought to stick it in the slow cooker this morning. Loads of healthy veg and some life shortening beef. I will add dumplings when I get home to further reduce the healthiness.

Snap. Except mrs gd did the slow cooker loading not me. We ate hours ago with the kids and I am contemplating another cheese scone.

Bregante

Just had an M&S pretzel.

Nom.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Snap. Except mrs gd did the slow cooker loading

Would you be happy to swap her? Mine did nothing but help herself to a portion before I’d got home 🙁

garage-dweller

😆 Not swapping mrs gd, Queen of the slow cooker and roast dinner and tamer of lunatic offspring And I managed to get a new bike in the shed this year.

I am not sure if she’s keeping quiet about the breach of the one in one out rule until I really mess something up though…

MrOvershoot

Chopped all the bits of veg in the fridge (broccoli, mushrooms, red pepper & sugar snap peas) stir fried for 4 minutes turned out into a warm bowel, wok 1/2 full with water and cooked some pork/Chinese leaf dumplings. Drained and all mixed together with Hoi sin & sweet chilli sauce.
    Took 15 minutes and was very tasty.

Having 4 Chinese supermarkets on the way home helps 😀

valleydaddy
    Free Member

Pieminister steak and Stilton pie, roast flat mushrooms and golden vegetable rice I quite often eat random concoctions I don’t know why I trained as a chef but just make random shit up all the time

Rubber_Buccaneer

turned out into a warm bowel

Skipped the middle man 🙂

Tracey

Been away for a few days so no healthy eating. No biking as bikes aren’t allowed. Had sixteen different flavoured ice creams since Monday afternoon. Far too much pasta. Will start healthy stuff tomorrow.

jimdubleyou

Missed train at 2120, not a great idea. Currently working way through YoSushi menu…

crossland
    Free Member

Mixed meze and then adanta koftee at the local turkish, washed down with two efes, very nice

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I had a salad, but it was mainly fruit.
    Actually it was mainly grapes. In fact it was just grapes!
    Fermented grapes to be fair.
    Wine! I actually & truthfully just had wine for tea!

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Ceps and girolles on gnocchi.

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

Chip cobs with a scallop

bigblackshed

Went out for Boy2’s birthday tea. Had a steak with onions, peppers, mushrooms, chips, coleslaw, onion rings, and a couple of fried eggs. And a pint of Hobgoblin. Not had a fried egg since I was a kid. They’re still slimy horrible things. Much prefer eggs poached.

Going to IKEA tomorrow, 🙄 , so a horse meatball lunch is on the cards. And a hotdog on the way out if I’m a good boy.

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘What's for tea?’ is closed to new replies.