Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • whats everyone's thoughts on drilling frames?
  • rp16v
    Free Member

Soon to be stripping down my older model trance for fresh paint but thought I’d get any work out of the way before paint instead of ruining a fresh job,

Parts I’m looking at modifying are gear cable stops to run full length outer and a hole in the lower seat tube between bb and pivot to allow a giant switch stealth dropper(its a small frame so any cable loops will interfere with rear wheel)

Just to note I am not the original owner so warranty is void anyway
    Thanks

Northwind

I drilled my Hemlock for a stealth, after having a wee chat with Cy (who basically said “It’s not moronic, but don’t come crying to me if it breaks”). It’s been grand. The actual hole-making was a pain in the arse though because of the angles, you basically need either an oval or an oblique hole and neither was easy to do on my frame.

rp16v
    Free Member

Hole coverage wise I can blank it quite easy with a grommet from work in round or oval so slightly larger drill bit should work ok

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I drilled a mudguard mount in the wishbone on my 853 Inbred. Didn’t even think about it really, just got the Bosch out! Still no probs 4 years later. 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘whats everyone's thoughts on drilling frames?’ is closed to new replies.