Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • What's everyones favourite bit of kit ?
  • Rosss
    Free Member

If you had to pick one thing that you take riding with you that improves your riding or betters the experience in anyway what would it be? For me it has to be my Endura Hummvees. What about you ?

sputnik
    Free Member

My Garmin Edge 205

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Time.

Things never go well when in a rush.

Dunno if that helps!

brakes
    Free Member

jelly babies

coogan
    Free Member

The bike?

Bregante

£1 shower mat from ikea. Great for changing in muddy car parks

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

The Sith Hound.

racefaceec90

2nd jelly babies, also cannot do without them (not just for climbing)

robhughes
    Free Member

Thats it.i,m getting a shower mat 💡

mrblobby
    Free Member

+1 for time

Also like my merino buff, makes winter a lot more bearable.

Rosss
    Free Member

Time is a good one however it’s not kit Haha
    Brakes – Im a skittles man

Rosss
    Free Member

Bregante you may have just increased Ikea’s profits massively
    I know where ill be tomorow now atleast

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Mmmm…

swavis

My Gore Tool softshell that the GF got me for xmas. It’s ace!

Oh and haribo for me, jellybabies are too sweet

Bregante

other home furnishing stores are available

4ndyB
    Free Member

WTB Rocket V Stealth saddle

or

Tangfastics

neninja
    Free Member

Shimano AM40 shoes

mboy
    Free Member

Gloves

Full finger ones at that. All year round…

It amazes me how many people ride without them, every time I ever come off the bike I land on my hands first, and they have saved a LOT of skin over time.

Also, I can’t stand the feeling of holding onto rubber grips without using gloves. And every pair of gloves I own has a nice towelling bit on the back of the thumb, for wiping my exceedingly snotty nose on about a dozen times per ride…

Bear in mind in the past I have been known to do a few miles commute balancing on SPD pedals in trainers, and massively baggy shorts, or even ride a bike up and down the road in jeans and a leather jacket… Yet I couldn’t imagine getting on a bike, even to ride up and down the road to check the gears were indexed properly, without putting a pair of gloves on!

Yes, I like gloves… 😛

epicyclo

Rab Vapour-Rise jacket

Zoolander
    Free Member

Waterproof socks – a revelation

Mackem

At the moment, my Fox evoulution 3/4. So comfy and warm.

_tom_
    Free Member

Doesn’t really better my riding in any way but my Pikes were a solid investment – battered them on a lot of crashes and they still seem to be working ok.

Other than that it’s gloves, knee and elbow/forearm pads. Saved me from losing a lot of skin!

Northwind

Waterproof shorts, or my Gravity Dropper.

loddrik
    Free Member

Altura Altitude jacket, not the blingiest but it’s still going strong after 4 years of constant use and is tough as a bitch!

I’m gutted as I’ll never find a new one to replace it with 🙁

My X0 Gripshifters are pretty **** excellent too!

Rosss
    Free Member

tough as a bitch!

Like Poetry

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

SLX cranks. I just like them.

rickon
    Free Member

KCNC X7 brakes and Crankset, and seatpost from Clee Cycles 🙂

Mmm…. functional lightweight bling.

GW
    Free Member

a bike +1

you really don’t need any of the shite you think you do to go along with them, they’re great fun (sometimes even more so) to just ride in a t-shirt, jeans and trainers without the faff of a helmet and gloves etc.

Garry_Lager

Gloves

Full finger ones at that. All year round…

It amazes me how many people ride without them, every time I ever come off the bike I land on my hands first, and they have saved a LOT of skin over time.

Also, I can’t stand the feeling of holding onto rubber grips without using gloves. And every pair of gloves I own has a nice towelling bit on the back of the thumb, for wiping my exceedingly snotty nose on about a dozen times per ride…

Bear in mind in the past I have been known to do a few miles commute balancing on SPD pedals in trainers, and massively baggy shorts, or even ride a bike up and down the road in jeans and a leather jacket… Yet I couldn’t imagine getting on a bike, even to ride up and down the road to check the gears were indexed properly, without putting a pair of gloves on!

Yes, I like gloves..Who rides without gloves in the UK winter? Surely you wouldn’t last 5 minutes before yr hands were on fire with the chill.

The latest shimano winter boot for me, MW-02s? Really excellent, can’t see how you’d improve on it tbh. 2 sizes bigger than my normal shoe size is also a lot more comfy, whereas previous I was just going 1 bigger.

godzilla
    Free Member

paramo torres gilet.. waterproof warm & lite..

HeatherBash
    Free Member

Weirdos

I’m torn between:

1:50K OS map
    Gummy Bears
    Decent Malt
    ‘proper’ sandwich

sv

+1 for gloves & a buff if it’s freezing/raining.

Do like the dropper seatpost on rides that warrant it. But then again those are more likely to be gravity assisted 😉

RichPenny
    Free Member

a bike +1

You take a bike with you when you’re riding your bike? You must have an awesome camelbak 😆

Gore Phantom, worn every ride from September to May. Smells a bit tho 🙁

pastcaring
    Free Member

coil shock!

money for a pint on the way home 😉

GW
    Free Member

If you had to pick one thing that you take riding with you that improves your riding or betters the experience in anyway what would it be?

He didn’t actually mention a bike, smart arse 😉

But now you mention it I actually do sometimes ride carrying my daughters bike to School/brownies/her friends’ so we can ride home together. 😀

Who rides without gloves in the UK winter? Surely you wouldn’t last 5 minutes before yr hands were on fire with the chill.

me! didn’t wear glovas all this winter, I ride better without them and I rarely get cold, haven’t worn a jacket for years either.

Andituk
    Free Member

I was thinking about this the other day on a long climb.

At the moment, it’s one of the following: MT500 Jacket (hood, awesome), Fox AntiFreeze Gloves, Garmin Dakota 20(wouldn’t mind upgrading to an Edge 800 though..), and if we’re counting bike parts, KS i950r.

chakaping
    Free Member

Glasses.

Left them in the car when riding round Rivington on Saturday. Horrible having to blink all the time and worrying about getting mud in my eyes while bombing downhill.

cupid-stunt
    Free Member

A pack of smutty playing cards.

doom_mountain

Eccles Cakes

rewski
    Free Member

Another one Shimano AM40 shoes – why did they discontinue them.

Haribo roulette

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘What's everyones favourite bit of kit ?’ is closed to new replies.