Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • What’s at Thetford, is it worth a visit if you’re in the area?
  • B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I’m down nr Rutland water in September and looking for somewhere to take a mixed group for a ride. Waymarked armoured trails are prefered to having to navigate and run the risk of over doing it with novice bikers.

So, what’s there at Thetford, what facilities, what type of trails, what distance, much elevation, is there a Go Ape type thing?

Thanks

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Or, if I wanted to organise something for the regular keen bikers, is there anywhere else around Peterbro/Leciester that’s better more technical riding?.

thebone
    Free Member

yep GoApe, Visitor Centre, Marked trails all at Thetford.

As for elevation, its very very flat but good fun if ridden flat out.

woody2000

I’m sure Thetford’s got hidden gems, but IME it’s flat & quite dull. As is Sherwood Pines (same caveat as Thetford tho’). You might have to get a map out 🙂

Cannock maybe? Can’t be much further away?

thebone
    Free Member

best bits are Brandon side non-marked IMO

Biffer
    Free Member

Agree with thebone that the best bits of Thetford are the unmarked trails on the Brandon side. Just ride down a trail and see where it takes you. You can’t get lost as there is a big waywarked loop round the outside. Certainly not technical but can be lots of fun.

chakaping
    Free Member

looking for somewhere to take a mixed group for a ride

Thetford would be good for this, yes. The marked trails are great for beginners as they’re smooth and flow well.

Do the long red route and then the black if your group is feeling up to it.

Of course it’s nothing like the same level as a black route anywhere else, but less experienced riders will get a buzz out of having done the “extreme” stuff.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘What’s at Thetford, is it worth a visit if you’re in the area?’ is closed to new replies.