Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • What's a reasonable price for fitting new forks?
  • bravohotel9er
    Free Member

£20?

…and before anyone starts, I'm not doing it myself because I'm totally inept and would manage to bugger the whole process up!

I don't even have a shed.

Burls72
    Free Member

Did you buy them from the shop? If so would have thought a good shop would have fitted them for free.

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

Regrettably my LBS don't stock Fox. They've agreed to fit the forks though during the service, but didn't mention a price.

I was just speculating on what it's likely to be, I'll feel terrible (in a strange way) if they do it for nothing.

PJM1974
    Free Member

£20 is more than fair. They'll have to trim the steerer tube, fit the crown race, insert a star nut and reinstall the brakes – if they're IS mount then all kinds of spacer related gnashing of teeth entails.

richcc
    Free Member

You've bought Fox Forks and are mechanically inept? You have heard that they need licking clean, taking apart and re-lubing with unicorn's tears every other ride to avoid voiding the warranty haven't you?

£20 for fitting sounds about right

fubar
    Free Member

£25 at Evans so shouldn't be any more than that and hopefully less.
    http://www.evanscycles.com/servicing/workshop-price-list

Milt
    Free Member

Had mine done for £12 recently.

This was only taking the old crown race off & fitting to new forks, & cutting the steerer though.

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

£25 where I am, although if you're having a service as well that'd probably reduce your labour cost.

Its also £25 at evans or £12.50 if you buy the fork from them
    (mind you they also charge £25 to fit mudguards!)

£10 is quoted as the minimum charge at George halls.

Hope that's helpful 🙂

donsimon
    Free Member

Why can't you fit them yourself? It's not that difficult. Surely it's a good idea to have the confidence to fettle? What happens if you have a mechanical on the trails?

My lbs charges 10€ for fixing punctures!!! FFS!! And people pay!!!!!!!!!

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

You've bought Fox Forks and are mechanically inept? You have heard that they need licking clean, taking apart and re-lubing with unicorn's tears every other ride to avoid voiding the warranty haven't you?

Heh, a good point, well made.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘What's a reasonable price for fitting new forks?’ is closed to new replies.