• This topic has 6 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by aP.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Whats a good saddle (dark side) for longish rides 30-100 miles
  • seizednuts
    Free Member

I ride to and from work 10.5 miles each way no problems. When i do a longer ride my arss gets uncomfortbly numb. wondering if purchasing a different saddle would help. Had a look on CRC but not realy sure what I'm looking for.

What do you use? how much did it cost?
    cant justify spending £150 on carbon with ti rails cos the missus would blow a fuse. We're in a recession after all

alwyn
    Free Member

I have a San Marrco I like it. I have heard really good thing about the Specialized toupe, but they are quite pricy.

If it's bothering you definitally change it, bad saddles cause a lot of damage.

mrmo
    Free Member

got a Fizik Pave cx, i found it was incredibly uncomfortable when i first had it, but the slightest tweak and it is comfy.

Using a SLR on the MTB and that seems comfy too.

Sandwich

Fizik Aliante Gamma is comfy for me.

druidh
    Free Member

I'm using a Specialized Toupe and doing 100 miles sportives on it. I'm actually thinking of fitting one to my hardtail MTB too.

njee20
    Free Member

I used to use SLRs, now use Toupes on the road. Did use them on the MTBs, but they're a bit fragile, now use a Phenom on the MTB.

Definitely recommend a Toupe, my commuter bike came with a BG Sport thing and it was hideously uncomfortable! Changed to a Toupe and it's much better!

aP
    Free Member

As long as you're not obsessed by weight TurboMatic (several generations) saddles have always been long lasting and comfortable, or the venerable Rolls.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Whats a good saddle (dark side) for longish rides 30-100 miles’ is closed to new replies.