Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • What'll happen? 150mm fork on a 140mm bike.
  • Skyliner
    Free Member

Have a 2011 Stumpjumper FSR with which runs a 140mm fork (standard QR). I have managed to get a 15mm Bolt thru fork but in a 150mm flavour. I have read many discussions on BB height, HT angle etc etc but will I notice any difference in real life with the slightly altered geometry?

clubber
    Free Member

You might but probably not – at least not after a few mins when you’re used to it.

10mm travel should equate to about 6/7mm once sagged which is well within the variance you might find between different tyres/forks/headsets.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Highly unlikely you’ll notice much difference. If the extra 10mm is a warranty worry then you can chock down Fox / Rockshox air forks with spacers to suit your frame. Otherwise, ride with confidence.

You’ll notice the extra stiffness in the fork before you notice the geometry.

Gotama
    Free Member

Depends on the make of fork as well as they can have different axle to crown lengths, for instance i believe Rockshox used to be slightly longer than fox.

Doubt you’ll really notice much difference though apart from the axle being loads stiffer.

Skyliner
    Free Member

Brill, the news I was hoping for!! Thankfully both are Fox RL’s. Just didnt want to mess up what I’m used to. Cheers 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘What'll happen? 150mm fork on a 140mm bike.’ is closed to new replies.