Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • What zip off / convertible trousers ?
  • onandon
    Free Member

Hi all.

For years I’ve hated these things, but I have a holiday coming up where a pair could be handy.
    I’m looking for recommendation with the following

As light weight as possible.
    A decent colour / it not black.
    When theyre converted to shorts, the Zips are’t super stiff so the leg holes flap about.
    Under about £100.
    Not made by cragghoppers.

senorj

Try before you buy, a good friend thought they were a good idea until he took the bottoms off halfway up High Stile.
    The shorts were cut so short he looked like he was the cabaret act at Heaven( the gentlemans club in London)!
    I didn’t stop laughing til we got back to the car.

km79
    Free Member
    CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Any time I see someone wearing these, I can’t help but think….

Sorry.

Cougar

What’s wrong with Craghoppers?

onandon
    Free Member

In know they’re awful things but I need to give them a go.
    The decathlon ones don’t look too bad. I may have to pop into the reading store for a look.

Whats wrong with cragghoppers.
    I’ve seen number of their things in shops with defects, poor stitching and really thick fabric nasty fabric.
    Oh, and the whole bear grills thing is a total pile of shite.

kcal

Hm, tried posting but maybe didn’t click.

Rohan. Think Berghaus do them. Possibly Columbia as well for something different.

craigxxl
    Free Member

I have the decathlon ones in the link above and no complaints with them at all.

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

I disagree about craghoppers being made of a stiff, thick fabric.

Having bought a fair amount of their stuff, I’ve yet to find any defects, stitching or otherwise.

Lifetime guarantee if you do find any defects…

Their Nosilife range is very ‘airy’ and has insect repellency as standard…especially useful if campng.

backinireland
    Free Member

Have had crag hoppers and they’ve been fine

Currently have had two pairs of the bear grills trousers which have taken dogs abuse and they still come up fine in the wash, better than some other brands, didn’t pay full price either

These ones

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BEAR-GRYLLS-SURVIVOR-TROUSER-CRAGHOPPER-SOLAR-DRY-POLYAMIDE-STRETCH-PANEL-/190748337027?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

They don’t zip off tho

Ayacucho stuff from Cotswold outdoor have been good, Duno trousers I think?

I also have a pair of these for fishing
    Pocket tastic

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Scierra-New-Fishing-Trousers-Shorts-zip-off-leg-All-Sizes-/121489987125?var=&hash=item1c495e1635:m:mNe1OqDc0ep-DRcbn-ILbTw

DezB
    Free Member

The shorts were cut so short he looked like he was the cabaret act at Heaven

😆

Ray Mears style

jambalaya
    Free Member

They are very useful. Have a lightweight pair from Columbia, just about to take them to Laos and Cambodia. Shorts are below the knee. Rohan are good too if you need a tropical weight

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘What zip off / convertible trousers ?’ is closed to new replies.