Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • What you using for tv, broadband, phone?
  • gravitysucks
    Free Member

Just going through the accounts and noticed Sky has crept up to £70 pm which is a urine drain.
    Only basic tv package with HD, broadband and phone. So it bit much really.

So what are you using for tv??? Happy to just use free view / freesat….

So what HD recording device??

What good broadband connection??

Gonna go with BT for the phone line as work pays for it anyways.

sadexpunk

freeview telly, no phone (we all have mobiles), only thing we buy from virgin is the broadband on cheapest option. so our monthly virgin bill is about £20 i think. telly is dire these days anyway so dont miss the premium channels at all.

had a load of probs with virgins lying, cheating salespersons tho, so gonna look at other options for the broadband instead.

jp-t853

we have a humax freeview hd recorder which is brilliant and can never keep up with the recordings.

use bt for broadband and unlimited phone which comes in at £34.

also have my dads sky go password for watching us open tennis & ryder cup but nothing else on sky is of any interest.

why I use a sky box I lose the will to live scrolling through the channels of dross

real_ben10
    Free Member

Exactly what sadexpunk said! Virgin are fine as long as everything is running ok but if you have to ring them you get a completely different story for each one of their people you speak to.

Dancake
    Free Member

Got virgin for the lot. Getting up towards 70 quid now which is just stupid for what we use.

When contract runs out, keeping the broadband and going the freeview route for TV. Probably wont keep a landline.

Chose virgin because wired Broadband was terrible in my area. Infinity is here now though so might move to that

giantjason
    Free Member

Freeview tv as most of the tv is rubbish these days. We use BT for phone and have their any calls anytime package along with BT Infinity 2 all for £30 per month.

Might look into BT vision for some extra tv channels once their footy and rugby packages are announced.

thekingisdead
    Free Member

HD freeview, virgin For BB and phone, tried to ditch the landline cos I don’t use it but they offered it to me for about 50p a month more than the base BB price so I kept it. Sometimes toy with getting a TiVo box when they call up offering it cheap but I think most the freeview channels are gash so don’t see why I need to pay more for channels I won’t watch.

Keep meaning to get a humax PVR but anything I miss I can usually get on one of the catch up channels or, ahem torrent sites

gravitysucks
    Free Member

Cheers peeps, think it’ll be the Humax freesat+ and whatever broadband I can sort.
    Infinity might be worth a nosey

monkey_boy
    Free Member

£70 pm

jaysus take some options off, we have basic sky tv, unlimited broadband, phone and rental all for £36 a month. call then and haggle if you have the balls to be very cheeky.

tried to go down the humax route as mum wanted shot of sky, but the simplicity of sky menu/setup cant be beaten imo and she went back.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Virgin for everything. We don’t watch much tv, but have got a package that has Eurosport so I can watch World Superbikes and British superbikes season. We have there phone line, but that is only used for calling 0845 numbers, coz we can’t on mobiles.

Must say their Broadband is excellent. Ours is 30 mb and I don’t think it’s ever dropped below 15mb.

thekingisdead
    Free Member

We have there phone line, but that is only used for calling 0845 numbers, coz we can’t on mobiles.

Google ‘say no to 0870’ and the website will give you the landline alternative for 0845 numbers et al. Works well, think I’ve failed to get a landline number for a company once.

mudshark
    Free Member

I’m on Virgin’s cheapest package which works OK for me, now I have HD thinking of going to their M+ TV as that has some more channels I might like including Film 4 HD. Possible get a Tivo box through them too though thinking Youview is the future – once they have a wireless capable box but this looks good:

http://www.whathifi.com/review/dtr-t1000

sadexpunk

HD freeview, virgin For BB and phone, tried to ditch the landline cos I don’t use it but they offered it to me for about 50p a month more than the base BB price so I kept it. Sometimes toy with getting a TiVo box when they call up offering it cheap but I think most the freeview channels are gash so don’t see why I need to pay more for channels I won’t watch.

thats EXACTLY what they did to me, except offered me the tivo box too for £1 more than what i was paying for bb only. asked em time and time again “are you definitely telling me this isnt an introductory offer, it wont go up after a few months”
    “no, definitely not”
    asked about 3 times in front of workmates who were p*ssing themselves at how untrusting i was.
    3 months down the line, the price shot up, introductory offer, rang time and time again, no good, even blamed me for not checking a non-existent contract, looked like they had me.
    googled into it, and ended up mailing virgin CEO, who got someone to look into it and finally just cancelled the contract so im back where i was now. took weeks of looong phone calls and bashing head against a brick wall. lying b*st*rds.
    ill never trust em again, but had the same sort of sh*t with sky too, so wont use them again either 😀
    therell be no-one left to use soon!!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘What you using for tv, broadband, phone?’ is closed to new replies.