Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)
  • What would you have done (kid ending up in A&E content)
  • Shibboleth
    Free Member

It seems however that the conclusions being jumped to are a bit different though.

Erm, no, clearly not the case. The A&E staff were obliged to consider all the facts available and form a judgment based on worst and best case scenario. They then acted accordingly and questioned Mrs. Doh in a robust manner.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

They then acted accordingly and questioned Mrs. Doh in a robust manner.

However, no further action appears to have been taken. So, they obviously feel there’s nothing to pursue. Whereas you…

EDIT:
    …with only the conclusions to which you jumped at the OP and subsequent wrigglings appear to think it’s more serious…than those who had the chance to grill the OP’s partner.

ransos
    Free Member

But to be honest, this thread isn’t really about “what we’d have done”, is it.

Ah, so we can add mind-reading to your list of talents, along with a propensity to be mean to people you’ve never met, just so you can give your pressed slacks a satisfying rub.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

However, no further action appears to have been taken. So, they obviously feel there’s nothing to pursue. Whereas you…

As I mentioned earlier, I suspect their questioning elicited a satisfactory reaction from Mrs. Doh, even in her advanced state of inebriation… 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

The A&E staff were obliged to consider all the facts available and form a judgment based on worst and best case scenario. They then acted accordingly and questioned Mrs. Doh in a robust manner.

you mean they followed procedure when faced with a head injury and asked some questions and from that they garnered facts then formed a judgement

they assumed nothing

When a copper asks someone after a crash if they have been drinking they are simply following procedures. Ditto here.
    you leapt to conclusions that have so far been rather mean spirited, wrong and rather amusingly explained as you flounder
    Good show old chap good show

tonyd

Don’t feed the troll.

Not. Worth. The. Effort.

millcar
    Free Member

At 2 my girl wacked her head had a minor fit and floppy stage. Wife was (understandably) panicked. We took 5 to decide what to do. She slowly returned to normal as you describe over a few mins happy giggling etc. Close eye all day and night but no trip to A+E.

At 4 she did same but was also incontinent and was also less responsive after a few mins. Trip to A+E. By the time we were seen she was fine and I could tell she was. Were pressed on circs of injury and answered politely and went home.

I work in healthcare dealing with these and similar situations and am comfortable with both decisions. I also think you did the right thing. You had concerns you’re knowledge and experience couldn’t answer. You went to seek the opinion of someone who did. Good parenting.

Making a huge assumption, from what you have said your comfortable with in terms of head injuries I wInteresting how this has prompted so few replies. I can swe why and I haven’t replied for a while after seeing the op.ould’ve gone to A+E straight away.

Obviously I/we weren’t there when doctor was over zealous making Mum feel bad but I’d add this. I deal with abuse and neglect. I’d rather over investigate 99 Mum’s to save one child but personally I know that most of theparents or other carers will be innocent of any wrong doing and respect them as they desrve. This doesn’t make this easyin every case for the carer however but I remain committed to the 1 in 100 or whatever the stat might be.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

you mean they followed procedure when faced with a head injury and asked some questions and from that they garnered facts then formed a judgement

Yep, that’s another way of wording pretty much exactly what I said. Was that ever in dispute? The problem seems to be that the OP thinks his wife should have been spared this probing on the basis that his mother-in-law’s cousin’s daughter’s grandmother’s god-daughter once went on a St. John’s Ambulance course, or something… I forget. Anyway, what was the question?

Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘What would you have done (kid ending up in A&E content)’ is closed to new replies.