Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • WHAT WOULD YOU GO FOR?
  • Nick_Christy
    Free Member

i am looking for either one of these… opinions plz!

Specialized FSR XC Comp 2010 Mountain Bike

Boardman FS Comp 2010

Iron Horse MKIII Sport 2009

i like the style of bikes and have my size XL so will be perfect.

I got basically a grand.

Or any others you think would be worth it instead.

nick

albino
    Free Member

KHS XCT 555?

Good reviews in the mag and MBR.

http://www.khsbikes.co.uk/bikes#XCT555

Great value for money and I'd recommend it too!

Nick_Christy
    Free Member

i quite like that but not in the colour… lol also only do a large. im 6ft6 so need something a little bigger i think.

nick

zaskar
    Free Member

Spesh for product and aftersales support.

The Boardman for price.

Iron Horse just to be different if the rear suspension is just as the good as the patented version they stopped paying for then it should be fun!

Onzadog
    Free Member

Wasn't there some scandal over Iron Horse a while back that might cast a shadow over long term support?

Nick_Christy
    Free Member

to be honest i really like the spesh. it looks the nuts and i got a spesh hard rock that i want to upgrade from.

i like the bikes and the colour too.

but the boardman is £799 or £999????

not sure what the differences are to be honest looks the same

anyone got one with pics in use?

tazzymtb

what about these:
    nice proflex in XL
    http://www.paulscycles.co.uk/products.php?plid=m1b62s1p2443
    nice kona in 22"
    http://www.paulscycles.co.uk/products.php?plid=m1b7s1p1557
    trance X in XL
    http://www.paulscycles.co.uk/products.php?plid=m1b4s1p2271

all very good bikes with a nice spec. Out of the original list you've got i'd go for the spesh due to excellent customer support

vrapan
    Free Member

The boardman if I was restricted to those. Does PaulCycles have the Anthem X3 in XL at all? if they did that'd be in my list too.

bigbloke
    Free Member

Trance X ….would be my choice.

tazzymtb

they do have a 3K anthem x0 from 2008 for £1400.00 in a 22"xl !!

tazzymtb

and they do have an anthem x3 in xl for £824.00

got to love pauls cycles 😀

Nick_Christy
    Free Member

ooooooo that giant is very nice!!! there is too many i like now!!!

how do you chose one lol?

tazzymtb

Personally I go for the one with the most shiny bits on, but I'm a bike tart 😉

bigbloke
    Free Member

Compare the parts/spec and decide fom there, also what type of riding your into and will be in the future.

Again…Trance X 8)

lyons
    Free Member

I would definitely buy the trance out of that bunch… Being a taller than normal guy, i'm guessing you weigh a little bit more than most so it would be nice to have a slightly sturdier fram under you I reckons…

TooTall
    Free Member

At your height, I'd want to try and ride them first if possible. I know I'd be awfully cramped on most of those bikes and I'm 6'7".

big-chief-96
    Free Member

KHS XCT 555?

if i were you i wouldnt go for a KHS. me, my brother and my mate have all test rided £1800er KHS bikes and they were shit, but then again that is just our opinion

tomhughes46

Can you test ride them? I have a Mk3 and another (Norco) FSR bike. My GF has a faux bar (like Boardman) bike. The DW link blows the others out of the water for climbing and descending, even with just a Float and no Pro Pedal adjustment, but as said above, there probably is very little warranty.

The IH is probably by far the best frame, but what is the rest of the build, and do you want to buy a bike to upgrade around? Personally I'm tempted on swapping my Norco for a bargain Six Point… This said I weigh 8st so I'm unlikely to snap it and am not too worried about warranty.

If the Anthem has the Maestro system (I know nothing about Giants), which I believe is a similar style to DW link, then maybe get that?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘WHAT WOULD YOU GO FOR?’ is closed to new replies.