Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • What would you do?
  • konaboy2275
    Free Member

Right, last Jan / Feb we were plagued by thefts from our house, 2 cars, one motorbike and they tried to get into the garage but failed. There has been a gang of teenagers (5 or six 15 -17 year olds at a guess) knocking around since we moved here 4 years ago but they just seem a bit dopey and wear tracksuits.

So tonight their numbers have grown by one and as I was puting my bike into the garage one said just loud enough for me and his mates to hear ‘Stole yer motorbike’ as they walked past. I resisted the urge to take a hammer to him there and then and went inside.

I’ve just got back from walking the dog, as i went down the road the same gang are there and they followed me onto the grass before I get into the woods. I stopped turned round and walked towards them then turned round again and followed them for a few seconds until they turned onto the kids playground. Again I heard one say ‘steal your pushbikes next’.

What do I do, I don’t think that the police would be interested. After all that’s gone on we’re considering moving but it’s not easy with current house prices and one of the kids about to start school. I think if it came to a confrontation I might do something i regret / would get in a lot of sh!t for!

warton
    Free Member

murder them.

In all seriousness, the law won’t do anything, speaking to them won’t do anything, and kicking off will make things worse. just make sure your garage is secure as can be mate…

racefaceec90

😉 apologies (am not much help,but hope you can bring em to justice)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

philconsequence
    Free Member

take everything out the garage and cover the floor in glue, set up various home alone style traps and a couple of HD camcorders set up with motion detection.

justice and 250 from YBF.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Pick the little feckers out one by one. Go in balaclava clad and scare the living shite out of each and every one.

Failing that keep the dog (hungry) in the garage, cctv the house and keep the bikes in the house.

Gary_C

A Louisville Slugger to the kneecaps works a treat.

EDIT: If you want to put he shits up them instead, install a couple of THESE

bassspine
    Free Member

Is there no local community copper or PCSO round your way? how about the local police liason meetings which are for residents to express their concerns? Or your local parish council – the local police are supposed to be there at each meeting to give reports.

philconsequence
    Free Member

make sure the scrote opens up the garage door to find you taking him mum from behind as she bends over the pushbikes he was so keen to steal.

again, justice and 250 from YBF

Junkyard
    Free Member

protect your property and obey the law or make sure you have an excellent alibi and do whatever you want. I would go for the former.

philgood
    Free Member

love the ideas so far….

what about electrifying the garage door handle,

how many other people have problems with these kids? get together shame them run em out. put up signs saying theives operating , and get there mug shots on the posters, i dunno but the way you put the comments they said, so casual yet blood boilingly frustating, reminds me of some crap i went through,

they got a pack mentality, you get a stronger pack, unite ,this countrys people need to do somthing, ah i dunno,

i would like to snap some body parts myself, but alas as you say you would get the trouble and with the little un, you could do without it.

oh yeah club together and get some heavies round, good times.

p.s try not to let them destroy your sense of self…

jimjam
    Free Member

What would I do? I’d probably call in some favours from my craziest mates…get them together and beat them savagely. Not kill, just unable to walk or eat solids for a month, something like that. Though that might not be strictly speaking legal.

What could you do? Spend a bit of serious wedge on ground anchors, shackle locks and chains etc…secure your stuff, lock grinders etc in house. Get security lights and so on.

or

get some good quality infra red cctv cameras in your garage, get some sort of tagging for your bike, let them steal a bike (not necessarily your pride and joy) take the footage to the cops along with the full bike spec. Basically do everything you can to ensure that at least one of them gets convicted.
    You’ll probably have to be prepared to to go through that process repeatedly though, as it’s unlikely you’ll get more than one, and they probably won’t get put away.

konaboy2275
    Free Member

Yeh it is, but just feel like i’m watching all the time. When we go away I even bring the bikes into the house.

konaboy2275
    Free Member

Cheers for all the comments, I’m thinking a blend of traps, alarm mines, hungry cocker spaniel with a bulldog clip on his nadjers and cctv’ing myself taking their mums from behind? You’ve cheered me up anyway!

Is Guns ‘n’ Ammo still going?

If I still have my bikes might see some of you at Hit the North on Sat? Slow lanky one on a ti456 with a creaky BB.

toys19
    Free Member

blimey this sounds awful, but rember life is a challenge. You have to get smart and beat these ****ts, most f the above advice sounds good, apart from the illegal stuff. I like the idea of gluey traps in the garage, mayb e the cops would like to make your house the home equivalent of a covert trap car..

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Make sure my bikes are insured and work out what new ones i’m going to get.

Or,

Line the floor, walls and ceiling of the garage with polythene sheeting, then sit there in the dark wearing nothing but a pair of chaps and a cowboy hat, whilst clutching a rubber fist and a chainsaw.

Kuco

Tail the mouthy fecker when he’s alone half a brick to the back of the head dump the brick in canal and burn all the clothes you were wearing including shoes, gloves and balaclava. That or burn his house down.

RealMan
    Free Member

Gary_C – COOL.

Dark-Side

make sure the scrote opens up the garage door to find you taking him mum from behind as she bends over the pushbikes he was so keen to steal.

If you really want to mess with his head, let the little scrote catch you taking his dad from behind.

konaboy2275
    Free Member

TBH I’ve plenty of security on there so they’d struggle, it even has it’s own alarm. Just if they were involved with the other thefts…. Now where did I put that spare pick axe shaft 😈

konaboy2275
    Free Member

Yeti, you been in my garage at some point?

timc
    Free Member

Relying on the justice system wont get you anywhere, that is the only thing thats for sure…

If it was me, Id have a few mates give them a hiding whilst out of harms way!

PJ266
    Free Member

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

konaboy2275 – good times 8)

cheez0
    Free Member

philconsequence, are you jeremy beadle in disguise? 😀

250 from YBF

philconsequence
    Free Member

one tried to shake his bad hand without realising he had a bad hand (was very young)

should’ve filmed it, 250 from YBF! 😆

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member
    scraprider
    Free Member

2 mates hide in shed with base ball bats, wait for them to break in and bingo / bobs yer uncle / etc etc .

Torminalis
    Free Member

My ex’s dad was a copper, an armed one at that. Someone broke into his garage and tried to steal some bikes and tools, he caught them in the act and managed to scare them off before they could get anything.

The scrote in question came back a couple of days later to finish the job, little did they know that he was sat up in the rafters of the shed with a hammer having taken the week off work and sat in wait for them pretty much 24/7.

According to my ex there were posters about a missing scrote on lampposts around the area for the following month. 😯

Very glad I never got on the wrong side of him.

What you need is a vigilante exchange.
    If anything happens to the kids, you’ll be the prime suspect.
    Find someone else in a different area with the same problem.
    Swap solutions. 😉

seosamh77
    Free Member

if it’s not a new thing, move. either that or if you really like the place it sounds like you’re going to have to confront them somehow, either on your own or preferably with a few of your scariest mates backing you up. If a thief wants into your house, they’ll get in no matter what you do.

large418
    Free Member

Tell the police you have seen a gang of youths hanging round your place, and you’re sure you saw one brandishing a handgun. Then sit back and watch the fun.

Find out who the kids are and where they live, and have a chat with their parents (you can interpret the word “Chat” however you like). Pre-emptive strike and nick their telly and leave it in your garage….

molgrips
    Free Member

I’ve had bikes nicked and also disturbed some scrotes in it at a different place. Very upsetting 🙁

Current security includes police monitored alarm and Almax, oh and a decent door. Still worry about it a lot though.

I’d talk to the law. They would probably love to get the buggers. Perhaps get a decoy bike and some cctv..? It can be pretty cheap, Logitech (the computer people) make some super cheap but really good security camera setups apparently – just webcams and some networking kit, which they make by the truckload.

Spongebob
    Free Member

These people are the product of a permissive society.

There is no legal way of getting them to behave and the Police won’t do anything unless they catch them red handed. Even then, the soft CPS will let the offenders off half the time. It’s not surprizing that these offenders have no fear of the law!

You can’t use violence or break the law yourself, so you have two options:

1) Move house.

2) Put up with it, fit very high security and involve you neighbours in some sort of patrol system.

CaptJon
    Free Member

Take a picture of yoofs in question and keep in a safe place ready to give to the police. Follow them home, find out their names and where they live. If they have more than a couple of brain cells they’ll realise you know who they are.

Got a neighbourhood watch?

Nick

here we go again, all the internet fantasists and their ‘I would murder them’ wetdreams 🙁

willard

Can you not get a dye bomb and make sure it’s fully set to go when the door is opened by someone other than you? Of course, obligatory cameras and YBF money for that one.

Or, go for the 12b blank alarms. Nail a couple to the floor and set them up so that when the door is opened, it goes off. Then, if you hear a bang in the middle of the night, you should see partially deafened scrotes staggering down the street.

molgrips
    Free Member

Sponge – 🙄

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

EDIT: If you want to put he shits up them instead, install a couple of THESE

Loving that idea Gary, especially the way its designed to accomodate a *BLANK* 12 bore cartridge!!!

Claymore anyone?

oddjob
    Free Member

Web cam in the garage and leave the lights on?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘What would you do?’ is closed to new replies.