Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 77 total)
  • What would Jesus do?
  • aracer
    Free Member

Somebody’s just asked that on QT!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Sounds like a fair question. I often ask it myself.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Get drunk on water.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Probably whittle at a stick

Nick

Jesus would have cleared the protesters away, according to Farage.

matthewjb
    Free Member

Probably not be based in a huge baroque cathedral

brakes
    Free Member

what would Jesus do?

your ma

donsimon
    Free Member

Troll?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Dallas?

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

Probably not be based in a huge baroque cathedral

And probably not be charging £14 a head to get in to said cathedral…

chewkw
    Free Member

Support?

aracer
    Free Member

You do realise you’re not the only one watching QT when stealing your lines, dj?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

It’s fourteen pounds fifty, which does seem a little steep considering most big museums and galleries and stuffs are free in London, but apparently if you Gift Aid your admission, then you can get 12 months free entry, which sounds very reasonable actually.

And you’d get to see wonderfulness like this:

jonahtonto
    Free Member

bang a hooker and turn all the water into wine?

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

You do realise you’re not the only one watching QT when stealing your lines, dj?

Not Guilty – I’ve been out at work all evening and didn’t get in until nearly 1.00am. It’s a pretty obvious observation, given his previous for going radge in the Temple at Jerusalem.

duckman

I will give this till 10am before it has become the usual anti-Christian rant. Just now I will admire the pics Elfin put up. £14.50 is a bit steep mind, but I suppose its them London prices. I mean say the roof is leaky,got to pay London rates to get Ernie in to fix it. In answer to the original post,Jesus was anti-capitalist,so would have approved of the protest. However since he was the son of a joiner, he would never have been accepted by the trustafarians/gap decade protestors.

rOcKeTdOg
    yossarian
    Free Member

£14.50 is taking the Piss and indicates just how out of touch the church is.

grantway
    Free Member

Effin seems like Jesus is trying to piss down my back, and trying to tell me
    its raining with those prices.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

It’s not even a church, it’s a house of heathens. Jesus would tip the tables over and shout at them for charging 14 and a half quid.

leffeboy

Is the 14.50 not if you want to use it as a visitor attraction but it is actually free if you want to go and use it as a place of worship during one of the services?

grantway
    Free Member

if you want to use it as a visitor attraction

Hello Its Not the CHESSINGTON WORLD OF WORSHIP !

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

It keeps the riff raff out and shows excellent business acumen.

Although as GlitterGary hints, it is indeed a place of gathering for protestant heretics who are in open rebellion against the authority of Rome.

So Jesus definitely wouldn’t approve.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

It may be free to worship, but God isn’t listening to them and they aren’t going to heaven anyway.

leffeboy

GlitterGary – Member
    It may be free to worship, but God isn’t listening to them and they aren’t going to heaven anyway.

duckman – Member
    I will give this till 10am before it has become the usual anti-Christian rant.

Good guess duckman, think you may be right unfortunately.

grantway
    Free Member

LOL A church is meant to be a peoples place where class and wealth does not exist
    and everyones of equal
    And no doubt many riff raff’s lives where lost under the cross of Jesus here and in Europe
    to steel to build it!

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Leffeboy – They aren’t even Christians! I despair…

duckman

ernie_lynch – Member

Although as GlitterGary hints, it is indeed a place of gathering for protestant heretics who are in open rebellion against the authority of Rome.

So Jesus definitely wouldn’t approve.

BUT…The Church of Rome persecuted Jesus’s own race for crucifying him, so would he side with the Catholics in a Prod/Catholic swedge?

duckman

grantway – Member

And no doubt many riff raff’s lives where lost under the cross of Jesus here and in Europe
    to steel to build it!

It was paid for by the crown and public subscription, but don’t let that get in the way of your badly formed post.

RobHilton
    Free Member

donsimon
    Free Member

Prey?

RobHilton
    Free Member

^ upon whom?

lazybike
    Free Member

£14.50 for a years camping in central london….

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Seems a bit cheap, last time he betrayed the Lord it was for 30 pieces of silver… and that was when silver was really worth something.

muddy_bum
    Free Member

The church says “We support fight against excessive capitalist greed so you can camp on our lawn.” Someone (Goverment, Boris or someone like that) doesn’t like this so has the toilets removed and starts shouting health a safety. This forces the church to shut their doors. This is aledgedly costing the church £20,000 per day. “Oh, we’ll have to get these scum off our lawn.”
    So the church is ultimately as greedy as the bankers that the protest is about.
    Shame that the Cannon had to resign for standing up for what the church is supposed to support.

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

Apparently, he would have clamped down on peaceful protesters because all the people on the exec board/top table are bankers.

In the same way that if he was high up in the US Republican party who claim to be so close to god, he would kill or let others die in order to progress his own wealth.

Or not.

Lifer
    Free Member

St Paul’s legal advice said that if they negotiated with the protesters to sort out access etc it would give them a legal right to stay.

Giles Fraser said:

“I would want to have negotiated down the size of the camp and appeal to those there to help us keep the cathedral going, and if that meant that I was thereby granting them some legal right to stay then that is the position I would have had to wear … I believe that we embarked upon a course of action that would lead to a place where I didn’t want to go.”

and my favourite quote of his:

“St Paul was a tentmaker. If you looked around and you tried to recreate where Jesus would be born – for me, I could imagine Jesus being born in the camp,”

I like him.

Lifer
    Free Member

duckman – Member
    I will give this till 10am before it has become the usual anti-Christian rant…However since he was the son of a joiner, he would never have been accepted by the trustafarians/gap decade protestors.

Brilliant. Complain about one type of prejudice while voicing your own ill informed one. Congrats.

nedrapier

However since he was the son of a joiner,

Unlikely. The whole “carpenter” thing is a translation error, apparently. Used euphemistically for “wise person”.

duckman

Actually lifer I am making an obsevation based on the way these threads normally go; not complaining. Bearing in mind the normal flavour of your posts,you may find it difficult to understand there is a difference between the two. So inform me, who are the protestors who can give up their time to camp outside a church for a few weeks?

Unlikely. The whole “carpenter” thing is a translation error, apparently. Used euphemistically for “wise person”.

Is that why Clerk of Works are almost always ex-joiners?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 77 total)

The topic ‘What would Jesus do?’ is closed to new replies.