Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • What would happen if I drank a pint of espresso?
  • turtleheading
    Free Member

Apart from being AWAKE, what would happen?

uplink
    Free Member

Nothing much

FuzzyWuzzy

You’d probably need to pee a lot, maybe a headache and some shakiness…

leggyblonde
    Free Member

you would run the risk of heart palpitations and heart attack, so possibly wouldn’t be awake for that long……..

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Do it and then let us know?

sslowpace
    Free Member

^^^^^^ They all lie!

You would vibrate so fast that time would slow down. It would be one of the best episodes of Futurama……

schroedingerscat
    Free Member

You’ll go berserk in B&Q and buy an electric screwdriver, a wheel barrow,loads of tiles and a dyson you don’t really need.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

I can’t imagine you’d feel very good, nor why you’d want to do it. I can tolerate 4 shots (2 large lattes one after the other) but then can’t have coffee for the rest of the day, otherwise i get funny blood sugar level stuff going on and shakey. You’d probably not sleep for a long time either. I guess it depends how much coffee your body can tolerate and how you react to it.

Have also found if i have 4 shots of espresso and painkillers i can ride like i’ve stolen it, and i’m still going strong for hours later, and then i crash big time. Wondering if i should adopt this approach for a tough sportive 😆

j_me
    Free Member

You would need to change your nickname.

RealMan
    Free Member

It would be one of the best episodes of Futurama……

😀

organic355
    Free Member

I think you would become quite dehydrated and possibly need the toilet quite soon after.

Your breath would stink too.

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

If I have 2 large espressos I usually get something like this. I try and avoid it.

thomthumb
    Free Member

i reckon you’d be sick.

warton
    Free Member

You would rock out.

enduro-aid
    Free Member

biggest problem would be the sky high increase in bloody pressure but it wouldnt last very long

it was a well known trick in italy that if you wanted off work for a bit on the sick then book an doctors appointment then about 90mins before eat a handful of coffee beans the resulting short term sky high blood pressure would get measured and a couple of days off work with a docs line would follow

turboferret

I reckon you’d have major diarrhoea!

Cougar

Friend of mine overdosed on caffeine once. They found him sat on the floor in the warehouse behind where he worked, white as a sheet and vibrating.

bigdawg
    Free Member

ive done this one of the cafes on the piste on alpe duez serve it by the pint… nothing is the answer, but then I do drink very strong coffee two or three times a day…

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

…and vibrating

Amazing. Much better mental imagery than ‘twitching’ or ‘shaking’.
    Thanks. 😆

Cougar

I like to think he’d achieved some form of zen-like caffeine nirvana and was oscilating at the resonant frequency of the universe, but in hindsight it was far more likely to have been the engine in the donut machine at Morrisons.

jimmy

Whats that cartyoon film about animals who live in the woods next to a housing estate which threatens their habitat? There’s a hyper chipmunk-type creature who overdoses on energy drink and the time-slowing-down thing happens to him. Very good…

GW
    Free Member

I hate Coffee and don’t know how much caffein is in an Expresso but I’ve drunk about 10 cans of Go-Fast and 6 cans of Coke during mtb races more than a few times. felt fine.

Cougar
    mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Coffee poo

PhilAmon
    Free Member

Slow day at work? 😉

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Farthing Wood?

philconsequence
    Free Member

over the hedge

mogrim

According to Wikipedia the dose would be about 750-1200mg of caffeine, while LD50 is about 150-200mg/kg body weight, although it also mentions hospital cases from about 2g of caffeine.

If Wikipedia is to believed, then, it’s probably not a good idea, though you’re unlikely to die.

toby1

Stop being a fanny about it – drink it and get the results up on you-tube 🙂

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘What would happen if I drank a pint of espresso?’ is closed to new replies.