Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 103 total)
  • What would be the first thing you would buy if you won £45m?
  • grantway
    Free Member

Ride day in day out around the world

Another would be to turn a large mountain in Wales into a massive bike
    park, that has the meanist DownHill sections and tracks to hold World Cup
    and Bang on long flowing single tracks.
    Complete with Gondalas
    Free parking
    £ 2 quid a day towards supporting the local economy

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

i would turn up to work in a "super" car every day (have a year contract to hold out on)

then set my own bike company up and employ my mates. buy a pad in hills some where with my own Trails and skate park/bowls.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

buy someone to replace me at work and tell em to **** off!

marsdenman
    Free Member

Clear debts for us and immediate F&F and those I've met that have had a positive impact on life.
    £2 million to the Forget Me Not Trust – local charity looking to build a children's hospice – 2 mil is the build cost.
    After that travel the world in a backpacking stylee – with the occasional stop at a nice spot to rinse me sandals….
    All to give me time to work out what to do with the rest…..

I_Ache
    Free Member

I have always said the first thing I would but is a Lambo not sure which one I would have to test them first. Then I would start looking at houses.

Realistically the first thing you buy isnt going to be a house because they take so long to go through.

I would help relatives with housing but that's all as they will need to work to fund everything else. Although they would probably get other perks from me having the money.

I would probably keep working otherwise I would get really bored plus I have an interest in the company I work for so it would be daft to stop. But I would buy myself a stake in the firm and a lot of extra holiday.

thepurist

Happiness. Is 45M enough for that?

AndyP
    Free Member

the way this thread looked from 'forum view' was both question and answer to me.

What would be the first thing you would buy if you won £45m? Haribo.

First thing I'd do as new owner would be to ban any of those crappy spongy things and demand more monkeybollocks and french ticklers in each bag of tangfastics.
    Then I'd buy my own private dentist.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Pint of beer.

bigsi
    Free Member

Hit squad

Then we could all live in peace 🙄

slowjo
    Free Member

+1 for the beer

jimster
    Free Member

Start looking for that elusive house 5 minute walk from a decent beachbreak and 15 minute ride from some decent singletrack.

Also take great delight in telling the MD that I have slightly more money than him. 😆

duntstick
    Free Member

A bank to put it in…………..don't trust banks me!

scruff
    Free Member

New pair of socks every day would be my ultimate fantasy.

I like new socks.

I'd also like a deep sea submersible house thing, like that one in James Bond.

willard

I think I might get a new BB for my bike. The old one is squeaking a little, so I think it is due for a change. Maybe even go for something better than the XT one I was planning to get.

Other than that, I think I might treat my wife to a nice meal out somewhere nice. Like New York. Or Rome.

Then I'd think about skiing. For the next four months or so.

BadlyWiredDog

Job lot of sintered brake pads for the Peak locals, like a skip load in different configurations to be handed out free in caffs around Hope, Edale etc.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I'm curious alpin, whats wrong with the pharma industry?

I mean, assides from prety much eradicating measles, smallpox, TB, mumps, rubbella, unwanted pregnancy, cervical cancer (hopefully), and developed treatments for pretty much every illness you've ever had or are likely to have, whats it ever done to you?

As for what I'd spend it on,

A race track, probably Donnington 😀 and build a massive house in the middle of it (I love the smell of petrol in the morning). Then I'd spend the rest of my life doing whatever I feel like, if I wake up one morning and feel like walking to the north pole, the so be it 🙂

tankslapper
    Free Member

Buy STW and run it my way?! 😆

Lummox

Buy a section of woodland, build my own playground and never ever let anyone drive logging machines all over it and turn it into liquid tree mud soup. (local loop just got trashed)

BoardinBob

Another lottery ticket

mavisto
    Free Member

Very first thing would be a BMW R1200GS Adventure with all the add ons. Then a house with a nice big garage to put it in. Then a car, but NOT a BMW a Merc or an Audi. I might be loaded but I'm not a tosser.

Then I'd get my GF anything she wanted and then send cheques to my closest friends for a couple of Mill each.

I'd also be tempted to buy a controlling share of the company I work for and sack all the bosses for incompetence.

llamafarmer
    Free Member

If it was right now – book out a hotel/chalet in Canada for a couple of weeks and take a group of close mates snowboarding to celebrate – everything paid for and buy them all new boards and kit. Leave my job and then think about setting up a small business with my brother and help my parents build their dream house.

Now if I could just remember where I put that ticket….

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

what bigsi said except my hit squad would be a private army employed with the sole purpose of patrolling the country listening out for the word 'x factor'

on hearing the word they would flip out and windmill into the perpetrator holding sharp things in their hands.

there would be no exceptions and the killing spree would culminate in me locking simon cowl in a room with a bottle of rohypnol, a video camera and the murderer bloke from the film 'seven'

robots would do actually, big oppressive looking robots.

tankslapper
    Free Member

mrmichaelwright – Member

what bigsi said except my hit squad would be a private army employed with the sole purpose of patrolling the country listening out for the word 'x factor'

on hearing the word they would flip out and windmill into the perpetrator holding sharp things in their hands.

there would be no exceptions and the killing spree would culminate in me locking simon cowl in a room with a bottle of rohypnol, a video camera and the murderer bloke from the film 'seven'

That's worrying! 😆

AndyP
    Free Member

[donates a tenner to the cause]

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

A notebook, a pen & a ticket to somewhere hot with a nice beach. For a fortnight, to do some serious planning.

davidrussell
    Free Member

cheryl cole's phone number.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

once all the 'x factor' fans had been removed i would venture out of my command post on my bike and ride through the nearest city in a post apocalyptic stylee, possibly listening to Beethoven Symphony No.6 very loudly

sofatester
    Free Member

I'd buy a frigate with Apache attack helicopter on the flight deck, full crew and a detachment of Royal Marines.

Then I would set sail for the Somalia coast and go pirate hunting. That should keep me entertained for a year or so.

Oh, the rest i would put in a high interest account till I returned to be knighted. 😀

AndyP
    Free Member

go pirate hunting.
    booo hiss. Pirates rock. I'd buy some pirates and go Marine hunting.

crazy-legs

I'd spend quite a long time at that Flying School in Russia where you can fly in military jets – http://www.su-47.com/packages/
    I like the Spitfire/chav hunting idea though as well. 🙂

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

you can head up the airborne wing of my x factor oppression army crazy-legs

marsdenman
    Free Member

oh, and I'd have a word with Trout and set up Troutlight Inc (and i've not even bought one…… yet….)

and, I'd sort out the bearing on MrPotatohead's 5 – they we're squeaking worse than grandma's old rocking chair on the Marple ride yesterday….. 😉

sofatester
    Free Member

Pirates rock. I'd buy some pirates and go Marine hunting

You would have to buy a lot AndyP. A 50cal. with 200 round mag would make a mess of a RIB with half a dozen Pirates! How much of that 45m are you willing to waste? 😉

MrSmith
    Free Member

spend it all on those tiny little cars (think they are made in india) and have them limited to 65mph. give them away for free so they clog the roads up even more so those other lottery winners can sit in their lambos in slow moving traffic pondering the british love affair with the motor car.

davidrussell
    Free Member

i'd buy the m25 and make it the london equivalent or the nurburgring with a minimum speed and pit stops 🙂

AndyP
    Free Member

You would have to buy a lot AndyP. A 50cal. with 200 round mag would make a mess of a RIB with half a dozen Pirates! How much of that 45m are you willing to waste

in English please?

One big boat. Pressgang a lot of the crew. Pick up some cheap cutlasses and cannonballs on ebay. Job lot of rum and parrots. Can't cost that much. I'd sit on my desert island on a huge pile of Haribo making necklaces out of Marine fingerbones.

I'd buy a massive plot of land and build my ultimate playground: 2 BMX tracks (indoors and out), 4X track, dirt jumps, 2 Go-Kart tracks (indoors and out), etc.

I'd also buy a rock band style tour bus so my team could travel to races all over Europe.

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

Now which SLR should I get?

sofatester
    Free Member

One big boat. Pressgang a lot of the crew. Pick up some cheap cutlasses and cannonballs on ebay. Job lot of rum and parrots. Can't cost that much. I'd sit on my desert island on a huge pile of Haribo making necklaces out of Marine fingerbones.

I actually laughed out loud at that! 😀

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

AndyP – i'm looking for someone to head up my x factor oppression Navy, would you be interested, you'd have to be a pretty good aim with a cannon, that cheryl crow is a skinny one.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 103 total)

The topic ‘What would be the first thing you would buy if you won £45m?’ is closed to new replies.