Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • What workstand? Park PCS9 or X-Tools?
  • devash
    Free Member

I need a new workstand after my 5 year old Lidl special has packed in.

Considering that there’s only £10 difference between these two, which one would you go for?

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/park-tool-home-mechanic-repair-stand-pcs9/rp-prod5787

Park Tool PCS9

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/x-tools-home-mechanic-prep-stand-workshop-mat/rp-prod133219

X-Tools workstand

The X-tools one seems to get good reviews. I know Park do the PCS10 which is better but its slightly out of budget for me.

Shred
    Free Member

I have a park PCS9, it is huge and does not fold up. The legs do go down if you pick it up, so it ends up a 2+ meter long tube with the work arm sticking out the end.

If you have space to leave it up all the time, or place to lie it flat with the legs down, then it is a good stand. It is solid, with a good head.
    If you need something that folds, get something else.

sweepy
    Free Member

Can’t comment on the x-tools but the park is so much better than the lidl one its ridiculous.

devash
    Free Member

It’l be set up permanently in my workshop area so foldability / portability isn’t such an issue. I think I’m leaning towards the Park one because of this.

survivor

I use both. The park is a bit overpriced fot what it is.

I’d say they have similar levels of stability, the clamp is easier to use on the x tools but the park would probably stand up to more use.

Personally I’d get the x tools for home use. It’s Surprisingly well made and the fold up design does occasionally come in handy.

Stevelol
    Free Member

I have the X-tools one, bought from Ribble for £50, they were coming up on sale quite often a few years ago.

I’d really recommend it, it folds away quite small and is sturdy, the clamping head is very adjustable so these days I gingerly use it to clamp my (carbon) frame instead of faffing with the seatpost.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘What workstand? Park PCS9 or X-Tools?’ is closed to new replies.