Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • what womens tights?!
  • petefromearth

not for me (ahem) for my missus

time for her in invest in some good tights after getting a sore bum on todays ride. i’m not really in a position to advise her…..

can any ladies recommend something with good padding and 3/4 length?

the endura roubaix 3/4s look alright – is the pad any good?
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/Womens/11/Endura_Thermal_Roubaix_Ladies_3~4_Knickers/5360031483/

FoxyChick
    Free Member

Just get some that you like…not into all this “womens'” wear millarky! 8)

paule
    Free Member

My girlfriend is very pleased with her decathlon cycling shorts – can’t remember the name now, but they were a bit over a tenner and very dark gray “matt” lycra. I think that they do the same in tights and in 3/4 length, or she could just buy the shorts and then add extra layers as the temperature requires.

cinnamon_girl

Might be worth checking her saddle as well? I can’t recommend tights (cos I wear baggies) but find the less padding the better, together with a minimalist saddle. Too much padding can equate to much chafing.

In fact, I wear unpadded winter tights with a pretty minimalist Craft liner and that’s fine for 40K rides.

Sandwich

Try here for ideas. Padding is very much a personal thing as Elaine says the saddle is as important. Not too much padding and width for long distance comfort.

watly_biker
    Free Member

My favourites are Terry ones from Minx – they do 3/4 and full length with padding.
    Not best for sub zero temps but ideal this time of year.(I think the website is minx-girl.co.uk.)

london_lady
    Free Member

I have had the pearl izumi sugar 3/4 tights and initially got on with them but the pads went really thin vary fast. The best 3/4 tights I have at the moment are assos and sportful – not cheap but durable and long lasting with comfy padding.

richcc
    Free Member

I’ve studied the tights on the Assos site in some detail. I’ve no idea of the comfort, merits or value for money of them but the girl wearing them and covering her nips makes me go a bit ‘funny’

petefromearth

cool, cheers for the advice. we’ll go on minx-girl and see whats what. i guess the best thing is for her to ride to a bike shop and try some on

rich, you’re not the only one!

mrsflash
    Free Member

I use endura mens 3/4s, for full length ones I use endura womens ones with normal shorts underneath.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘what womens tights?!’ is closed to new replies.