• This topic has 16 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by alpin.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • What Women's Flat MTB Shoes?
  • surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

What would you recommend?

For Mrs SBH – (promise!) size 5-6 can only find 5:10 or 661.

Cheers

legend
    Free Member

5.10 are the obvious choice, is there a reason for not going for them?

joeydeacon
    Free Member

Do these fit? kinda a hybrid between clipless and flats

Specialized Ladies 2fo Cliplite Mtb Shoe 2016 was £140 now £41

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

For Mrs SBH –

Ones that she likes, and ones that fit her.

HTH.

alpin
    Free Member

#genderless

vickypea
    Free Member

I used 2fo, and I like them- very grippy

johnw1984
    Free Member

I love my 2FO, but my wife doesn’t. She’s gone back to Five Ten and won’t change them for anything else now.

GolfChick
    Free Member

shoes are shoes, just buy ones she likes the look of and suit the conditions she rides in. I have freerider elements which I find are too flexible on the base after a few rides so I’m tempted by the freerider pro’s next to see if they’re stiffer.

kayla1
    Free Member

I like Vans because the soles are quite thin and flexible but others swear by Five Tens because they’re quite stiff in comparison. The moral of the story is “ask your wife what she wants” but she might have to try some different stuff to get something she likes. Any decent skate type shoe will do really.

edit- and don’t cheap out just because ‘it’s just for the missus’. Those flouro yellow ones linked to up there ^^ are **** horrible and why the **** would you buy something that has a cleat thinger in to use on flat pedals? Why though? Why?

stevextc
    Free Member

+1

Also you don’t mention what pedals she has …. but in any case avoid the (Anna Glowinski) fashion victim thing. (I just noticed on YouTube .. She just got some Giro’s and Hope F30’s which seems like a disastrous combo for anyone used to being clipped in)

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

for #genderless not sure what you are getting at here.

and don’t cheap out just because ‘it’s just for the missus’

just buy ones she likes the look of

She buys her own shoes, she’s, like grown up and has a job and earns money and everything – I was only looking for recommendations to pass on. Geez – some yous all need tae “calm doon”.

“ask your wife what she wants”

I am asking on behalf of Mrs SBH as she cannae be ersed with STW… doesn’t have a login

Which of the 5:10’s is best at keeping water out and which have synthetic liner?

Shimano don’t do womens specific flats afaik. The 2FO* have a mesh toe box so trying to keep feet dry in Central Scotland is important.
    *And look shoite.

kayla1
    Free Member

I am asking on behalf of Mrs SBH as she cannae be ersed with STW… doesn’t have a login

😆 fair enough!

1timmy1
    Free Member

The Mrs is happy with her Five Ten Freeriders. If we were buying again I would steer her towards the Freerider Contacts.

julzm
    Free Member

I ride mostly in the Tweed Valley. I only use Five Tens and I’m also a 5/6 in them. They seem to be the best option.

buy the female specific ones though as the small mens ones are just too wide a fit for most.

Free rider pros are great and really comfy and grippy. I’d wear them all year round if the Valley ‘let me’! In winter though I generally wear impact VXI as they’re mostly waterproof and do a decent job of keeping the feet warm.

alpin
    Free Member

She buys her own shoes, she’s, like grown up and has a job and earns money and everything – I was only looking for recommendations to pass on. Geez – some yous all need tae “calm doon”.

some yous need to grow sumz.

😉

alpin
    Free Member

for #genderless not sure what you are getting at here.

buy the ones that best fit…..

shoes are one of the few thing i’m reluctant to buy online. would much rather pay a premium and buy in-sotre, unless that store is really expensive (Sport Schuster in Munich!!!) in which case i’ll try in store and order on line 😉

alpin
    Free Member

auf gedoppelt

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘What Women's Flat MTB Shoes?’ is closed to new replies.