Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • What weight spring – Lyrik u-turn.
  • alexonabike

I’m about 67kg with riding kit on and currently ride a Pike with the standard spring in.

What spring would I need in a 2010 Lyrik?

P.S. Anyone got a fork for sale?!?

stevomcd
    Free Member

I’d say standard would be right in the Lyrik as well.

I’m 90kg (naked!) and right on the cusp between firm/x-firm. I went for firm and wouldn’t want it any stiffer.

nicolaisam
    Free Member

I used a Firm and weigh 100kg

alexonabike

I was thinking that I would need a soft or x-soft spring. I guess its a case of suck-it-and-see!

rj
    Free Member

70kg and standard.

sv

90kg and standard spring 😯

carbon337
    Free Member

I was 90kg on std but just move to firm. I started a thread on MTBR about this have a look over there:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=659139

Northwind

65 kilos and standard- loads of people told me I need a soft, some said extra soft, but the soft was absolutely hopeless. Of course, it’ll depend on the bike and setup, and how and where you ride.

Deveron53
    Free Member

I’ve found a 160 U-turn Lyrik on ebay for 250 notes. It’s a 1.5 steerer though!

alexonabike

Cheers, but i need the old skool 1 1/8!

oldfart

I’m 11 st 10 lb old money , got 2011 Lyriks with standard spring and they are fine .(even better now i wound the low speed compression a bit softer personal preference )Got mine from TF tuning ,round the same price as CRC (slighty cheaper i tnink ! ) and they take them apart and set them up for your particular riding / weight before they send them out .Which means they may suggest a softer spring ?

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

68kg, stabdardvspring is too stiff, light works well. The springs are pricey won’t find avforknwith a lightvspringbfor sale, so justbgetvthe fork and see ifbit works ok. The medium felt good, but lacked the plushness of my bombers, so I changed.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘What weight spring – Lyrik u-turn.’ is closed to new replies.