Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • what way to pay/buy a car privately
  • MadBillMcMad

I have sold my car for 3K and bought one for 12K.

As far as selling mine, should I just trust ready cash, bankers draft or could I do it on-line ?

I realise on-line will work but should this be done in advance so I see it clear into my account or can it be done at the time with fast payment which both our banks support.

The clear disadvantage of doing on-line in advance is that the buyer has to trust me and as he does not know me from Adam ….

uplink
    Free Member

Both go to the bank & do the transfer there?

ivantate
    Free Member

i would go for cash for that amount.

hora
    Free Member

As uplink says. Best way and you aren’t going to lose it.

Plus- do the deal at the sellers house first then both go to the bank or go the bank the next day.

steveh

At only £3k cash is no problem for the sale. Offer the buyer the choice of cash or bank transfer. Only take a bankers draft if you get it during bank hours and get your bank to confirm it’s genuine before you hand the keys over, they are difficult to fake but it can be done.

For the car you’re purchasing is it from a dealer or private? At 12k cash becomes difficult due to money laundering regs, I’d go a bank transfer done in the bank with the other party for that one.

MadBillMcMad

cheers guys. I am buying privately to.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

What uplink and hora said. Both go to the bank and get the draft handed to you or your buyer directly. IIRC it’s not so much forgeries that are a problem, it’s that loads of blank drafts have been stolen, so they are the real thing, but not valid

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘what way to pay/buy a car privately’ is closed to new replies.