• This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by IHN.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • What water system for growing lawn from seed
  • crmcc
    Free Member

Any body have experience using any of the watering systems in the garden. There seems to be two types, one with a small bar and about 6 jets that come from holes drilled in the bar, the bar then rocks back and forward to water the area. The second is one jet with an actuator to move the direction of the jet. My lawn area is 30m x 10m so need to know which type would work best.

Gunz
    Free Member

I’ve done several areas of lawn from seed and have never bothered with a sprinkler. I put down a layer of compost then loads of seed in a carpet then another layer of compost before watering it. If it does look like drying out I’ll use the hose on it but so far it’s come up strong as you like. If you have kids I’d recommend getting the sort with Rye in it as it takes more of a beating.

Finally, I’ll caveat the above with the fact that I’m no expert gardner but the lawn I have seeded has come up like the Amazon.

theblackmount
    Free Member

Sprinklers are possibly too heavy a droplet pattern for a new lawn. I’d just hose it every day for a week with a fine spray.

sharkbait
    Free Member

If you sow the seem towards the end of this month mother nature should do the job for you. I have a 40m x 3m strip to do some time over the next month and I’m not expecting to do any/much watering.

GW
    Free Member

big **** off clouds +1

IHN

You have noticed that it’s basically not stopped raining for months, yeah?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘What water system for growing lawn from seed’ is closed to new replies.