Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • What was/is the prettiest one-one frame?
  • 2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Well?, I must admit to liking the odd one, or even two, of their efforts, most noticeably the original Tinbred, but I have never been completely satisfied with the looks of the only one I have owned, most noticeably the seatstay junction…

But there must be some lookers out there, so come on, what do you and don't you like about the design of on-one frames?

petefromearth

they're all mingers!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

But there must be some lookers out there

There are. They are made by other brands.

flow
    Free Member

How nice can a cheap hardtail frame in one solid colour be?

markenduro
    Free Member

Ticross has always been a favourite of mine, the new pomp with disc mounts looks pretty good as well.

mmb
    Free Member

metallic brown and cream decals,mmmmm!

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

They're all fugly

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

the Ti 456 is probably the best looking – but in no way pretty that's for sure 🙂

Am liking the look f the Carbon 29er though.

I don't think looks have ever been a priority…..

angryratio
    Free Member

form follows function.
    not a bad thing as such

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

That blue always did it for me.

finbar
    Free Member

They all look gash. It's that horrendous overcomplicated wishbone arrangement. They look crappy on Dekerfs too so i'm not just being a snob.

jonb
    Free Member

linconshire poacher – but I never bought an on-one for its looks.

miketually
    Free Member
    MrSmith
    Free Member

i don't think they have made it yet, or if they ever will.

miketually
    Free Member

6 in stock, according the the link above. 260 quid

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

miketually – Member

6 in stock, according the the link above. 260 quid

Point missed, or not, by a country mile 😉

bassspine
    Free Member

I've always been partial to the Il Pompino

mboy
    Free Member

It's that horrendous overcomplicated wishbone arrangement. They look crappy on Dekerfs too so i'm not just being a snob.

Agreed, the overly complicated seatstays are not easy on the eye, but as someone else has said, it's pretty much form follows function with On One. And having recently become a customer myself, I can see what the appeal is. They may not be beautiful, but my god they ride well and they're cheap as chips!

Besides, mine's fairly good looking!

Got to say though, the nicest On One I've seen yet belongs to the man lookmanohands… Here's his Ti 29er Inbred…

vdubber67
    Free Member

Any of them in that sand colour that Kaffenbacks come in. Love it.

br
    Free Member

this one

clubber
    Free Member

My 853 inbred was sand coloured but that looks crap so I had it repainted. Now it's lush in purple 😉

ahwiles
    Free Member

18" white inbred.

ver handsome. and i like the overall 'i'm not too pretty to get dirty' vibe.

i'm not sure about the aesthetics of the Down tube = top tube = top of Seatstay proportions on the 456, or the bent top tubes.

yunki
    Free Member

this one is attractive in a mongrel with sad eyes in the dogs home kinda way.. and it's mine so I love it..

sam_commencal
    Free Member

Not to everyone's taste, but I love mine. Rides really nicely around the local trails.

Northwind

Always liked the matt black of the Scandal, but they're all pretty ugly coathangers tbh.

krixmeister

I think the pink one – pretty as in "you shore got a purty mouth"

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

I miss my ss onee…

And I'd probably have gone for one of the new 456s if it weren't for the fact that the '456' looks like it's been written on in marker pen by someone unfamiliar with writing.

simon1975

I'm looking forward to this one coming into production:

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

What was/is the prettiest one-one frame?(

My 853, obviously. 😉
    It's almost certainly one of the most expensive steel On Ones out there at £470…
    (£250 for the frame then another £220 for the new modified chainstay, paint and stickers)

sillyoldman

Form follows function? If so the seatstay arrangement would look nothing like it does! That's a whole lot of welding in a very small space.

It's as like the GT Triple Triangle pish – different to be identifiable rather than better.

Howfers the lot of them.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

They are not pretty, but are very good and do the job well.

BTW Great question to ask on a forum inhabited by an awful lot who buy a bike on looks alone.

miketually
    Free Member

It's as like the GT Triple Triangle pish – different to be identifiable rather than better.

This has always been the case. In Days Of Yore, racers were not allowed to have the builders' name on their bike, so builders added easily-identifiable touches to their frames – wavy tubes, etc. – so the bike-buying public would know who made their favourite racer's bike.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

This has always been the case. In Days Of Yore, racers were not allowed to have the builders' name on their bike, so builders added easily-identifiable touches to their frames – wavy tubes, etc. – so the bike-buying public would know who made their favourite racer's bike.

Fek me. How long ago are you talking bout here? Every MTB racer rode a branded bike 20 years ogo….

tron
    Free Member

They were certainly doing it in the 1950s. Saxon twin tubes and the like.

tinsy
    Free Member

My original Tinbred that had been hand buffed by the previous owner..

I love my Scanda I built when the Tinbred got knicked, but even with a powdercoating its not as nice looking as the polished Ti.

the-muffin-man

An orginal Ti Inbred…

…still my favourite bike.

ski
    Free Member

Another vote for the original Tinbred

The original 14" inbreds are sweet looking too.

sv

My 853, obviously

Very nice.

PP who did the paint/powder coat? What did you have changed on the chainstay or was it a repair?

tinsy
    Free Member

SV dont start him off!!!

Ski, Mamadirts 14" lil red bred is the nicest looking Inbred I have seen, hopefully she will pop a pic of it up..

sv

Just discovered I seem to be copying him – I have a Pitch and just recently picked up an 853 frame (that I may or may not have painted). Is there a story then 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘What was/is the prettiest one-one frame?’ is closed to new replies.