Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • What Washing Machine?
  • JEngledow
    Free Member

Sorry for the really boring thread, but our machine has died and so I need to find a new one, but don’t like the idea of spending a couple of hundred pounds on something I know nothing about. Please recommend something cheep and reliable? Thanks.

freeagent
    Free Member

LG direct drive – 10 year warranty on the motor.
    best price we found was appliances online.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Not sure what your definition of cheap is but I mine is something that won’t need replacing in a few years time like our old ‘cheap’ Hotpoint one.

The one we have at the moment has Bosch written on the front. Already lasted longer than the hold one – the outlaws old Bosch one lasted 25 years so if we can get that out of a £500 washer than I’d class that as ‘cheap’.

craigxxl
    Free Member

LG +1

Recommended by washer repair man as one of the best. They are also so quiet and cheaper to run.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

So someone who repairs washing machines told you to buy something that was ‘the best’ meaning you’d probably never need his services again?

Subscribe to Which (I think its free or a quid or something for a month) and get the reviews off there.

JEngledow
    Free Member

Thanks All, I’ve just ordered a Bosch, which should be here on Tuesday!

craigxxl
    Free Member

DaveyBoyWonder – Member

So someone who repairs washing machines told you to buy something that was ‘the best’ meaning you’d probably never need his services again?

Also a client but given his trade he was worth listening to.

kevster
    Free Member

I was told Bosch are the best by a friend who repairs washing machines (free for me).

oddjob
    Free Member

Friend who was purchasing manager for a house building company said that Bosch was the thing to buy. Never had to get any of them fixed and he was buying 100s each year.

We got one and it just works

RoterStern
    Free Member

Over here Miele are considered the best (but also pretty expensive). We went for a Siemens one which so far has been complaint free.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘What Washing Machine?’ is closed to new replies.