Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • What was it like when you met your partner for the very first time?
  • nickc

We worked in the same building,

Her: Give me money I’m having my hair shaved off for charity
    Me: A tenner if is a grade 1

The next day I was a tenner down.

I had very very short hair as well, for a few months folk thought we were a couple of skinheads, we’d get thrown out of pubs, stopped by cops…happy days 😆

finbar
    Free Member

I was having a huge rant about how ‘charity runners are killing the sport [athletics]’ and she happened to be in the same room and completely ignored me. We didn’t so much as speak or see each other again for about nine months 😀

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

A bit tipsy on cheap french bottled beer on a college trip. Each been there a year but never met until we went on a weeks trip to the Massif Central to study something, can’t remember exactly what the reason was we spent 24 hours on a coach there and back for.

Anyway, we danced, smiled, sat next to each other on the coach home etc. I chased her for a bit when we got back, got the cold shoulder so gave up. She obviously didn’t like that so she chased me for a bit. That was 18 years ago (jeez!) and we’ve been married 13.

brassneck

I was playing Tetris and she was drawn in by my shape twisting l33t skillz
    She was wearing Doc Martins and drinking Diamond White. A real lady.
    25 years ago next Easter, 13 years married.

ononeorange

Introduced with several others at Rome Airport. I shook her hand. At the end of the flight, I waited for her at the luggage carousel while she got her luggage – she has not forgotten that.

I’d just come through the latest disaster in my utterly catastrophic relationship career and had decided to stay single – pretty much that week. So I didn’t bother trying to impress or chat her up, just remained unusually aloof. We got on well and to my utter surprise and complete delight she pursued me over the following weeks. I think the only time that has ever happened to me.

My confused brain therefore concludes that if you want a happy relationship, do your utmost to stay single. Or something. How does that work?!

arrpee
    Free Member

“it was like you’d shot me in the clit!”

Oh, that’s magnificent.

Awesome work there from Mrs. Lerk. I don’t think it would be saying too much to suggest that it’s got it all.

sadmadalan

Works do – I think it may have been a Sports & Social Club ‘do’ – vague. We had meet before and talked. On the walk home I realised that I really like her. A few weeks later on a cycling weekend away, we spent most of the weekend ‘fighting’ in the nicest possible sense. The nail in the coffin was not being able to choose which dessert to have, so we choose one each and shared them. Still doing that after 30 years, with the last 26 married, and two great sons

Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘What was it like when you met your partner for the very first time?’ is closed to new replies.