• This topic has 9 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by ctk.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • What vintage steel to look out for?
  • onandon
    Free Member

Hello.

Off to a huge vintage bike salvage yard in Switzerland tomorrow. Looking for nice old steel frames/ bikes.
    Obviously reynolds and Columbus SLX/ Sl are on my list, but what else should I look out for ?

I don’t expect to come back with a Colnago master but apparently they have some nice stuff at very reasonable prices.

walleater

In terms of thinking outside the box, Somec made some cool frames and are not on everyone’s radar. No idea how desirable they are but they had some rad paint jobs!

joshvegas
    Free Member

Deddacai orsomwthing like that.

Trutemper

Tange Prestige?

qwerty
    Free Member

Anything with sliding drop outs & flog on eBay as fixie frames to the hipsters.

ctk
    Free Member

Sounds fun, take lots of pics! Anything with a tubing sticker if its cheap. Columbus/ Reynolds Peugeouts seem to get good money on ebay.

Columbus
    Reynolds
    Oria
    Dedacciai

onandon
    Free Member

Thanks all.

Swiss eBay is dead and the postal system is shit so I’ll just be buying for personal use. Obviously that could still be multiple bikes/ frames parts and projects, but still personal use only 🙂

MrSmith
    Free Member

Anything with sliding drop outs & flog on eBay as fixie frames to the hipsters.

2007 wants it’s zeitgeist back.
    Has craft beer and pulled pork reached you yet?

I would look for something from the 90’s in deda eom16 or oversize Columbus but then I’m not a fan of stovepipe.
    Scapin did some lovely frames

oafishb
    Free Member

Where is this magical treasure trove located, if you don’t mind me asking?

paton
    Free Member

Beware of Swiss threaded bottom brackets.

ctk
    Free Member

Any joy?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘What vintage steel to look out for?’ is closed to new replies.