Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • What choices for a 29er wheelset with 20mm hub?
  • Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

Looking around I can only seem to find Hope hubbed wheels, anything else seems to be 15mm and not convertable to 20mm – eg shimano/mavic, looking for something cheap-ish rather than £300 but I might just end up with Hope’s, any other suggestions or options out there?

househusband

Only suggestion I can think of would be one of the Fulcrum ‘Red Metal’ wheels. CRC Did have some Sun-Ringle ‘Black Flag’ on offer wheels a few weeks ago but looks like they’re now gone – they were gold though!

(I was 29er wheel shopping a couple of weeks ago and ended up going for Shimano MT66’s with 15mm front but I don’t have your 20mm caveat.)

khani
    Free Member

2013 Crossmax ST 29’s convert to 20mm,
    Taken from the Mavic site..
    HUBS
    Front and rear bodies: oversize aluminum
    Color: white
    Front and rear axle material: aluminum
    QRM+
    ITS-4 alloy
    VERSIONS – FRONT
    6 bolts 15 mm (QR & 20 mm with optional adapters)
    Centerlock 15 mm (QR and 20 mm with optional adapters)
    VERSIONS – REAR
    6 bolts QR & 12×135 & 12×142
    Centerlock QR & 12×135 & 12×142

jasonm945
    Free Member

Superstar?

khani
    Free Member

I forgot to say I’ve got some ST 29’s and got all the adapters and tools with em, and they’re top.. 😀

takisawa2

Second hand Hope Hoops… 🙂

scotroutes

The On One hubs take all three standards

andyl46
    Free Member

Im selling some used once Sun Ringle Charger Pros, which I’m pretty sure have a 20mm adapter in the box with all the other fittings. Stans technology rims (sun made stans rims and now licence them) and so these are pretty much flows. Red hubs, black rims, as new (cassette fitted, dont think there’s a mark) and already fitted with rim tape and valves so tubeless ready straight away. Presently set up as 15mm front and with the £30 optional extra 142x12mm back end adapters fitted.

Looking £225 ono.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘What choices for a 29er wheelset with 20mm hub?’ is closed to new replies.