Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • What van for £3000 ish?
  • stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Need another van. Got a Citreon Dispatch that has just died. What do people recommend that’s a similar size. Would go a bit bigger but not smaller.

steveh

For that money, transits for me. Or another despatch, scudo, expert. Transporters hold their value too well, vivaros/trafics at that age are old and feel tired and have potential large bills looming.

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Deffo a transit then, nothing else fits the bill, either too big, too expensive or too many problems

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Transit or Transit Connect?

chico66
    Free Member

LWB Transit Connect? I can get my bikes with both wheels on in the back of mine

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

A connect would be smaller than your dispatch

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I was wondering if the LWB Connect would be comparable in size. A quick look on Autotrader has thrown up 2 Citreons and a Fiat and a Pug. Not many Transits in my price range.

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Not much in it in terms of dimensions but the dispatch/scudo/expert is a better shape

The short wheel base relay/ducato/boxer is very big

chewkw
    Free Member

Toyota Hi-Ace Swb Diesel but not sure if they are cheap …

Offroading
    Free Member

Transits are utter junk

Engines are crap, injectors and fuel pumps fail, timing chain tensioners fail
    Chains snap. Utter crap. The front wheel bearing design is awful. The rear is just as bad.

We service a fleet of them at work constant issues. Company that owns them is sick of them.

I would buy an older merc sprinter in a heart beat. The works one has 500,000 + miles on the clock (stopped at 500,00)
    Still going fine. Or a vw lt

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘What van for £3000 ish?’ is closed to new replies.