Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • What tyres? Sorry.
  • logical
    Free Member

Need a new set of muting tyres. Tried slicks and if it’s wet some of my ride to work is a little scary. At the moment I’m using an old set of Scott Oxyd tyres which are fairly worn in the middle. So they are nearly semi slick. But after a few near misses with the Moronic Bridgendites wandering across busy roads without looking the back tyre is needing to be replaced. The only others I have are a set of conti mud tyres, some panacea mud mad and Kenda Nevegal 2.3 things. So looking for some new ones.

Commute involves mainly road but about 2.5m off road.

What do you suggest? No more than £20 per tyre really.

teamslug
    Free Member

I’ve been using some bontrager jones semi slicks. Plenty of grip both on road and off.Similar situation to you regards commute on/off road

ibnchris

Just use slicks bunny hop the 2.5m 🙂

Sorry…

logical
    Free Member

Always one pedant. Maybe its all the pedaling!

watsontony
    Free Member

try hookworms good on road grip and some off road grip if dry

akak
    Free Member

I like the Specialized crossroads armadillo, seem much pricier than last year though.

muddyman
    Free Member

WTB All Terrain Comp Tyre are £12.99 at minute on crc.I had some a while back and the centre runs like a slick on road but they will happily keep you smiling throught the woods or down a track or two.
    They give a proper fat mtb look and live up to their name i found!
    oops sorry theyve only got 700c at minute i just checked. 😳
    If you can find 26″ ers somewhere else they do work well as an all rounder

Swalsey
    Free Member

Specialized crossroads, the standard one unless you get punctures more than most (£16 each)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘What tyres? Sorry.’ is closed to new replies.