Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • What tyres for XXXC?
  • jcromton
    Free Member

I'm going away next weekend and I'll be doing a bit of XXXC riding in the Alps with Sam and co. at bikevillage. I was thinking of something along the lines of an Advantage (I've got some 2.1s but they may be a bit narrow?)

Any MTB Wales boys got any suggestions? I heard you were out a few weeks ago? Will the Advantages be up to the task?

nicollow

I used to do a fair bit of XXXC but now I just settle for flowcore mainly. Job and family commitments etc…

Back in the day though I went for a single ply high roller front and a front minion for the back to pin it sideways round corners. imho it's the original and best combo for this way of life.

zeus
    Free Member

It's not about the rubber you roll it's about the way it feels man…

Free Member

oh man you should be totally stoked dude, that combo is massive sick man, without doubt you will be rippin' the G Narl and feelin' all factory, gnarl-flow-core.

what the hell is XXXC?

unless you are, as my first thought, taking the pi$$…

uplink
    Free Member

XXXC?, flowcore?

Are those new terms for dicking around on your bike?

crazy-legs

Sam and co at BikeVillage manage on HT's with 1.9's. Maybe they're only doing XXC though, you're probably more rad with the XXXC.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

How much gnarl is involved in your XXXC? Some people like theirs a little more nadgery than others, with less flowcore and more XCJey-Lite-Xtreeem.

jcromton
    Free Member

Is it a state of mind or a way of life? imho both.

I think this is pretty characteristic of XXXC.

ojom
    Free Member

ah ha!

Tom!

stuartanicholson
    Free Member

Is it a state of mind or a way of life? imho both.

I think this is pretty characteristic of XXXC.

Looks like regular xc to me.

crazy-legs

Looks like regular xc to me.

That looks like my regular cyclocross training loop before my I have my tea! Maybe that makes me Super XXXXC core. 😉

steve_b77
    Free Member

XXXC is riding back down that throwing down some mad skillz innit

singlespeedstu

xxxc.
    Like regular xc but you pad up like a wannabe mxer and tell everyone on a forum how core you are.

Free Member

this is some sick shizz… i'm off to put some super tacky 1.8's on my XXXC HT, naturally wearing my white dreadlocks, and lycra with arm/elbow/shin/knee/crotch/ankle/neck and back protectors.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

i think i know what jcrompton is alluding to. i've been to BV more than a few times, and the stuff there isn't like stuff i've found in the uk, other than a 10 min piece of singletrack on skye. the stuff there isn't what i'd call freeride, not big drops and jumps, and there is a fair bit of pedalling. its just super techy singletrack for hour on hour. its just not like uk stuff, imo/e.

oh, and advantages were great last year for me, and will be again in 4 and abit weeks time, i hope!

rolfharris
    Free Member

Chris- I think you need Nobby Nics. Me and Marvin both approve.

Seriously, what's up with High Rollers? Mincing up all them hills showing punters around with High Rollers will get you nice and fit for Relentless.

rolfharris
    Free Member

That was a really boring thing to say considering I have spoken to you in ages- how's t'alps?

clareymorris

I've got some 2.4 Advantages going begging…………..bit too gnarly for me!!

radoggair
    Free Member

think i have the answer

2.35 – xc training & flowcore
    2.2 – xc
    2.1 – xxc
    2.0 – xxxc
    1.9 – supercore xxxc
    1.8 – factory rider mentalcore xxxc with team tyre back up

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

rolf, i dunnae approve of nobby nics… 😉

its all about advantages.

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

Sh1t looks like I've logged into the MBUK forum by mistake 😆

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘What tyres for XXXC?’ is closed to new replies.